The State Meteorological Agency (Aemet) foresees for this Wednesday persistent and locally heavy rains in the Valencian Community, northeast of Castilla-La Mancha and in Malaga, as well as a general decrease in maximum temperatures.
A storm, which will form throughout the day to the west of the Peninsula, will cause a flow of Mediterranean, humid and unstable air over the southeastern half of the peninsula. Thus, cloudy or overcast skies and rainfall, accompanied by occasional storms, are expected in the eastern and southern half of the peninsula, northern Canary Islands and Ibiza.
The rains will be persistent and locally strong in the Valencian Community, northeast of Castilla-La Mancha and Malaga and, with less probability, in other areas of the southeastern half of the peninsula, Aragon and in the north of the mountainous Canary Islands.
The showers can become very strong from time to time in the Valencian Community. Throughout the day they will spread, in a weaker way, to the south and east of Castilla y León. At Cantabrian and northern Galicia, weak rains are expected, which will tend to subside. Rainfall is not expected in southern Galicia, and it will be unlikely in the rest of the northern plateau, the rest of the Balearic Islands and the Canary Islands.
They wait snowfall in Pyrenees, with a height between 1,200 / 1,400 meters and in areas close to the Iberian system, with a height between 1,000 / 1,200 meters, rising rapidly after noon.
Maximum temperatures will suffer a general decline, which will be noticeable in the interior of the eastern half. Frosts will appear in mountain areas in the northern half.
The Northeast winds in the northwest quadrant of the peninsula and in the Canary Islands. With a northern component in the northeast and the Balearic Islands, with a tendency towards an eastern component. Of this component in the rest of the Peninsula. It will blow hard on the Galician and Asturian coast, with strong intervals in the Balearic Islands, the Mediterranean coast of the peninsula and the Canary Islands of greater relief.
Prediction by autonomous communities:
– GALICIA: in the northern third, cloudy or covered with light rains and showers, more frequent and intense in A Mariña lucense, with a tendency in the afternoon to cloudy intervals. In the rest, cloudy intervals. Minimum temperatures in slight descent and maximums unchanged. Wind from the north and northeast, weak in the interior and in A Mariña, more intense in the rest of the coast, increasing in the afternoon, with strong intervals on the coast. Very strong gusts of wind in the extreme north at the end of the day.
– ASTURIAS: Cloudy or overcast, with a tendency to open clear in the afternoon. Light rain and scattered showers, more likely in the northern half. Snow level around 1,000 / 1,200 meters, rising at the end of the day to 1,400 / 1,600 meters. Temperatures in slight decrease. Loose wind from the north, which will roll to the east and northeast, and will intensify in the afternoon, with strong intervals on the coast and in mountain areas. Very strong gusts of wind on the coast and in high areas of the western third.
– CANTABRIA: Cloudy or overcast, with weak rains that will tend to subside at the end of the day. Snow level around 1,000 meters. Minimum temperatures unchanged or slightly decreasing and maximum temperatures decreasing. Loose north wind, which will roll in the morning on the coast to the east and in the interior to the northeast.
– BASQUE COUNTRY: Cloudy or overcast with weak rains in the morning in the north, and in the afternoon in the south and east of Álava and Guipúzcoa. Snow level around 1,000 meters, rising rapidly in the afternoon. Falling temperatures, more pronounced in the highs. Wind with a north component, which will roll east in the morning on the coast and weak northeast in the interior.
– CASTILLA Y LEÓN: cloudy intervals increasing to cloudy or overcast. Generally weak rainfall in the east and southeast, especially in the second half of the day, which could spread in a weaker and more dispersed way to other points. Snow level around 1,000 / 1,200 meters at the beginning of the day, tending to rise above 2,000 meters in the afternoon. Falling temperatures, except for the lows in the northeast, which will remain unchanged and may be noticeable in the highs in the east. Weak frosts in high areas. Winds from the northeast, with a trend towards the end of the day east in the east.
– NAVARRA: Cloudy or overcast with rains and showers in the south and east, which could be accompanied by storms. Snow level around 1,300 / 1,400 meters, rising in the afternoon above 2,000 meters. Falling temperatures, more pronounced in the case of the maximums. Loose north and northwest wind.
– THE RIOJA: Cloudy or overcast with generally weak rainfall, especially in the second half of the day. Snow level over 1,000 / 1,200 meters, rising in the afternoon above 2,000. Minimum temperatures without changes or in slight descent and maximum in descent, locally notable. Weak frosts in the Iberian. Winds from the north and northwest, with a tendency towards the east.
– ARAGON: Cloudy or covered with generalized rainfall, more abundant and intense in areas of the Iberian Peninsula. Snow level descending at the beginning to 900 / 1,100 meters in the western Iberian region and 1,200 / 1,400 meters in the Pyrenees, and rising above 2,000 meters from noon. Falling temperatures, more accentuated in the case of the maximums, which in the southern third may be notable. Frosts in the Pyrenees and the Iberian. In the valley of the Ebro, moderate northwest wind, with a tendency to weak, and in the rest variable weak wind, with a tendency to this from weak to moderate in the southern third and in the Iberian Zaragoza.
– CATALONIA: Cloudy or overcast tending to decrease cloudiness in the east during the second half of the day. Precipitations are expected, which will tend to subside in the afternoon, more abundant and intense in the interior of the northern third at the beginning of the day, weaker and more dispersed in coastal areas. Snow level initially descending to 1,200 / 1,400 meters in the Arán Valley and 1,400 / 1,600 meters in the rest of the western Pyrenees, rising above 1,800 / 2,000 meters from noon. Falling temperatures, more accentuated in the case of the maximums, which will be locally noticeable in the eastern half. Frosts in the Pyrenees. Wind of north and east components, moderate on the coast and weak in the interior.
– EXTREMADURA: from cloudy to covered with rainfall, especially in the second half of the day, which in the south can be strong and occasionally with a storm. Falling temperatures, locally notable at highs. Winds from the northeast to the east.
– MADRID’S COMMUNITY: Cloudy or covered with early morning rains and showers in the southeast, which will subside in the morning and become general in the late afternoon throughout the community, and may be accompanied by a storm and be locally strong and persistent, with more probability in the southeast. Snow level around 1,100 meters rising above 2,000 meters in the second half of the day. Falling temperatures, more pronounced in the highs. Northeast wind.
– CASTILLA LA MANCHA: Cloudy or covered with rains and generalized showers, which could be accompanied by storms and be locally strong and persistent, with more probability in the province of Cuenca and its surroundings and in Alcaraz and Segura. Snow level in the northeast around 1,000 meters, rising to more than 2,000 meters at the end of the day. Minimum temperatures decreasing in the northwest half and without changes or with local changes in the rest; descending maximums, which will be notable except in the west and north of Toledo. Weak frosts in high areas of the northeast mountains. Wind from the east and northeast, although from the southeast in Albacete, weak at the beginning and increasing during the afternoon.
– VALENCIAN COMMUNITY: cloudy or overcast with widespread rainfall, which can be locally strong and persistent and be accompanied by occasional storms, less likely in more southern areas of Alicante. Minimum temperatures unchanged or slightly decreasing, except for local ascents in the south of Alicante; maximum in descent, more accentuated in Castellón and in the interior of Valencia. Loose to moderate east and northeast wind, with some strong northeast interval in coastal areas in the afternoon.
– MURCIA: cloudy skies or cloudy skies with occasional stormy showers, without ruling out that they are strong in the interior, more likely in the Northwest. Minimum temperatures on the rise, except in the Northwest and Altiplano where they will remain unchanged, and maximum temperatures on the decline, notable in inland areas. Winds from the east, which will intensify during the afternoon, with strong gusts in the Altiplano and the coast.
– BALEARES: Cloudy sky with a shower or storm in Ibiza and Formentera. Some weak and occasional precipitation is not ruled out in Mallorca and Menorca. Nighttime temperatures on the rise and daytime temperatures on the decline. Locally strong east and northeast wind.
– ANDALUSIA: Cloudy or overcast skies with occasional stormy showers, locally strong and persistent in the western half. Minimum temperatures with few changes, and maximum decreasing, noticeable in large areas of the interior and without changes on the Mediterranean coast. Variable loose winds, with a tendency to east component in the afternoon and intensifying at the end of the day, with strong gusts in large areas.
– CANARY ISLANDS: on the northern slopes of the more mountainous islands, cloudy or covered with precipitation that will be locally persistent, without ruling out that they are occasionally strong and in the form of showers, especially in the western islands. It is expected that in the midlands of the northeast of La Palma, accumulated amounts of 60 l / 12h can be exceeded. In the rest of the areas, cloudy intervals without ruling out weak precipitation in general. Generally decreasing temperatures. Northeast wind with strong intervals and occasional very strong gusts on the northwest and southeast slopes of the islands of greater relief, especially in the western province, with breezes prevailing on coasts oriented to the southwest. The wind is expected to decrease and turn to the north component at the end of the day.