The State Meteorological Agency (Aemet) foresees for this Tuesday probable locally heavy rainfall or persistent in western Galicia, as well as intervals of intense wind on the northern coast of Galicia and on the coast of Asturias.
A new frontal system will leave cloudy or covered skies in a good part of the peninsular northwest half and in the Pyrenees, with precipitations in Galicia that, in a weak and dispersed way, will extend towards the east by the Cantabrian communities and the Pyrenees.
It is not ruled out that the rains affect, in an isolated and occasional way, other areas of the north plateau, north of the Iberian system and points of the central one. Neither is some occasional precipitation in the Pyrenees ruled out early in the morning or in Menorca.
Weak rains in the north of the Canary Islands of greater relief. In the rest of the country, there is a predominance of slightly cloudy skies or with high clouds, although with some cloudy intervals in the southern plateau and in the northeast of the peninsula.
The snow level will be between 1,400 / 1,600 meters in the Pyrenees early in the day and it will rise quickly. Possible morning fogs scattered on the plateau and in the Pyrenees, thicker and more persistent on the northern plateau.
The maximum temperatures will rise in the Peninsula and they will drop slightly in the Balearic Islands. The minimums will increase in the northwest and fall in the southeast half and in the Balearic archipelago. Few changes in the Canary Islands. Scattered frosts in mountains in the northern and southeastern half, more abundant in the Pyrenees.
Predominance of west or northwest wind, with intervals of strong intensity at the beginning of the day on the northern Galician and Asturian coasts, Ampurdán, under Ebro and in the Balearic Islands. Trade winds in the Canary Islands.
Prediction by autonomous communities:
– GALICIA: Overcast skies, with heavy or persistent rainfall in the extreme west and less intense and frequent in the rest of the region, more likely in the afternoon. Presence of morning fogs or fog banks indoors. Rising temperatures, less pronounced in the highs of the extreme west. In the morning, the wind will blow from the southwest, weak in Orense, with strong intervals on the north coast and with very strong gusts in La Mariña de Lugo. In the afternoon, the wind will turn west, decreasing in intensity.
– ASTURIAS: Cloudy sky, with light rains and showers, more intense and frequent in the second half of the day. Some morning mist or fog bank is expected in the mountain range. Rising temperatures, notable in the eastern interior. Weak frosts on the summits of the mountain range. In the morning, the wind will blow from the southwest with strong intervals in the west, turning during the afternoon to the west on the coast and with a tendency to variable lax in the interior. Very strong gusts from the southwest into the western half of the region.
– CANTABRIA: Covered sky. Some light and scattered rains are expected, most likely from noon. Morning mists in the southwest. Minimum temperatures rising in the south and unchanged in the rest. Maximum temperatures on the rise, more pronounced in the northwest and light in Campoo and Valderredible. The wind will blow lightly from the south and southwest, with more intense intervals in the central hours, especially in the upper areas of the southern half and on the coast, where it will roll west and northwest at the end.
– BASQUE COUNTRY: Covered sky. Weak and scattered rains from noon, except in the south of Álava where they are not expected. Minimum temperatures unchanged or slightly rising. Maximum temperatures on the rise, slight in the west of Álava. The wind will blow lightly from the south and southwest, with more intense intervals in the middle of the day, especially in high areas of the interior and on the coast.
– CASTILLA Y LEÓN: Cloudy to overcast skies with scattered weak precipitations in the northwest and in the extreme north, with isolated rains in nearby areas. Presence of morning mists and fog banks. Minimum temperatures rising in the northwest and slightly decreasing in the rest, and maximum temperatures rising. Weak frosts in mountain areas. The wind will blow from the west and southwest with strong intervals in the northeast.
– NAVARRA: Cloudy sky except in the southern third where cloudy intervals will predominate. Weak and scattered showers in the northern half from noon. Minimum temperatures in slight descent and maximum in ascent, which will be light in the central zone. The wind will blow variable light with a predominance of south component.
– THE RIOJA: Cloudy intervals increasing during the day to cloudy, with scattered weak precipitations in the Rioja Alta. Mists and fog banks are expected, mainly in the mountains. unchanged minimum and maximum temperatures slightly rising. Weak frosts in the Iberian. The wind will blow from the west and southwest in the mountains and the Ribera Alta, and lightly variable in the rest.
– ARAGON: In the western Pyrenees, the sky is covered with weak rainfall in the early hours of the morning, when the snow level will be between 1,500 / 1,700 meters, and also in the last hours of the day in the form of rain. In the rest, cloudy intervals. Mists and morning fog banks in the Iberian of Teruel. Minimum temperatures slightly decreasing and maximum temperatures rising. Frosts in the Pyrenees and weaker in Teruel. West component wind, generally loose with moderate intervals.
– CATALONIA: In the Pyrenees of Lleida, cloudy or covered with weak rainfall at the end of the day. In the rest, cloudy intervals. Morning mists and fog banks indoors. Minimum temperatures slightly decreasing and maximum temperatures rising, more pronounced in the northern third. Weak frosts in the Pyrenees. West component wind, generally weak but with strong gusts from the northwest in the early hours in Tarragona.
– EXTREMADURA: slightly cloudy with high clouds, increasing to cloudy in the northern half during the day. An isolated shower is expected in the far west in the afternoon. Presence of morning mists and fogs, especially in the Guadiana valley. Minimum temperatures slightly decreasing in the south and maximum temperatures slightly increasing. The wind will blow variable lightly, blowing from the west more intensely during the afternoon.
– MADRID: cloudy intervals, mainly high clouds, with more abundant cloudiness in the mountains, with some morning mists or fogs. Minimum temperatures without changes in the mountains and decreasing in the rest; highs on the rise in the northern half and unchanged in the south. Weak frosts in high elevations of the mountain range. The wind will blow variable lax with a predominance of the western component.
– CASTILLA LA MANCHA: slightly cloudy with intervals of high clouds, temporarily increasing cloudiness in central hours. Mists and a bank of morning fog. Temperatures in general decreasing from the minimum and slightly rising from the maximum. Weak frosts in high eastern areas. Wind from the west and northwest generally weak, increasing in intensity in the eastern third in the central hours.
– VALENCIAN COMMUNITY: intervals of high clouds. Minimum temperatures in descent and maximum in slight ascent. Loose to moderate wind from the west and northwest, with strong gusts in the northern interior of Castellón in the early hours, and tending to a moderate southwest on the Alicante coast.
– MURCIA: clear sky, with intervals of medium and high clouds. Maximum temperatures rising indoors and falling in the rest. The wind will blow from the northwest, turning southwest on the shoreline.
– BALEARES: slightly cloudy sky with intervals of high clouds from noon, but in Menorca cloudy intervals during the early morning. Nighttime temperatures in decline, locally notable compared to the previous morning and daytime with little change. The wind will blow from the northwest turning to the west and southwest starting in the morning.
– ANDALUSIA: Cloudy or clear sky with intervals of medium and high clouds, increasing to cloudy in the afternoon in the extreme west. Minimum temperatures in descent, with weak frosts in high areas of the eastern interior; Maximum rising in the eastern interior, decreasing in the eastern Mediterranean coast and unchanged in the rest. The wind will blow from the north component in the western third and the western Mediterranean coast, and variable lightly in the rest, tending during the afternoon to the west component in all areas.
– CANARY ISLANDS: in the north of the islands, cloudy. In the rest, little cloudy alternating with cloudy intervals. Weak rains are expected in the north and east of La Palma. Drizzles in the north of the rest of the islands. Temperatures with few changes or a slight decrease in high areas. The wind will blow from the northeast light to moderate.