The State Meteorological Agency (Aemet) foresees for this Thursday persistent and locally strong rains in the Valencian Community, western Andalusia and in Malaga, Without ruling out that they are occasionally very strong and with hail, as well as a rise in daytime temperatures in the Peninsula and in the Balearic Islands.
Thursday will continue the cloudy or overcast skies, with rains and showers in much of the peninsular territory, weaker and dispersed in the northern third. No rainfall is expected in Northern Galicia, the Cantabrian Sea and the Pyrenees, where it will be slightly cloudy or with medium and high clouds.
The precipitations will be accompanied by storms and will be persistent and locally strong in the Valencian Community, areas of western Andalusia and in Malaga, without ruling out that they are occasionally very strong and with hail. Showers can also be locally intense and with some persistence in the environment of the Central system, Extremadura and in points of the interior southeast.
In the Balearic Islands, chance of occasional rain. In the Canary Islands, probable weak precipitations in the north of islands of more relief. Possibility of calimas in the surroundings of the peninsular southeast coast.
The daytime temperatures will rise in the Peninsula and in the Balearic Islands, notably in the interior of the northern half, and they will decline in the Canary Islands, more markedly in the western islands. The nocturnal ones, on the rise on the Atlantic slope.
Winds of an east component will predominate in the Peninsula and in the Balearic Islands, and of a western component in the Canary Islands. They will be strong on the Galician and Asturian littoral, and with strong intervals in the coasts and mountain areas of the Peninsula, Castilla-La Mancha and in the west of the Balearic Islands.
Prediction by autonomous communities:
– GALICIA: slightly cloudy, except in the extreme north where it will be cloudy or with cloudy intervals of low clouds, which will increase from noon from south to north to cloudy or covered in the southern half and cloudy intervals in the north, mainly clouds medium and high. Probability of drizzle in the extreme north during the first half of the day and, at the end of the day, of rains and showers, generally weak, in Orense, especially in the east of the province, without being ruled out in isolation and scattered throughout the rest of the southern half of the community. Rising temperatures, more pronounced in the highs in the southern half. East component wind with strong intervals and very strong gusts from the east and northeast in the extreme north, western coast of La Coruña and in high areas of the interior, which will decrease in intensity in the afternoon.
– ASTURIAS: slightly cloudy or clear with some interval of high clouds, except on the western coast where it will be cloudy or with cloudy intervals of low clouds during the first half of the day. Gradual increase in cloudiness from south to north in the afternoon until it becomes cloudy or with cloudy intervals, mainly of medium and high clouds, without ruling out some isolated precipitation in the extreme southwest at the end of the day. Minimum temperatures increasing on the coastline and with slight changes in the rest and maximum temperatures increasing, more pronounced in the southern third. Weak frosts in high areas of the mountain range. Wind with an east component, weak in the interior and more intense on the coast where very strong gusts from the east are likely on ledges and in especially exposed areas.
– CANTABRIA: cloudy intervals in the early morning, with a tendency in the morning to slightly cloudy with some intervals of high clouds and, at the end, to cloudy in the upper areas of Liébana and Campoo. Mists and possible fog banks in the interior. Minimum temperatures with few changes and maximums on the rise, which will be noticeable indoors. East component wind, with the possibility of a strong interval on the coast in central hours of the day, and weak in the interior, more intense at high altitudes.
– BASQUE COUNTRY: cloudy intervals in the early morning, with a tendency in the morning to slightly cloudy with some intervals of high clouds, until finally increasing to cloudy, from south to north. Mists and possible fog banks in the interior. Minimum temperatures unchanged or slightly decreasing and maximum temperatures rising, which will be noticeable in large areas of the interior. East wind on the coast and loose from the southeast in the interior.
– CASTILLA Y LEÓN: cloudy to covered with precipitation, less likely and weaker in the northeast quadrant, which will be more frequent in the western third, and in the extreme southwest they can be strong or persistent and go with a storm. Rising temperatures, except for the lows in the northeast that will remain unchanged. Winds from the northeast to the east, with strong gusts, and very strong in mountain areas of the south and northwest.
– NAVARRA: cloudy intervals in the early morning until it is slightly cloudy during the day with intervals of high clouds and until they increase to cloudy in the afternoon, especially in the southern third, where weak rains are not ruled out at the end of the day. Minimum temperatures unchanged or slightly lower, and maximum temperatures on the rise, which will be noticeable in the northern half. Variable loose wind at dawn, with a tendency to south and southeast.
– LA RIOJA: cloudy intervals and sometimes overcast. Probable weak rainfall in the second half of the day, safer in the Iberian. Minimum temperatures without changes and maximum temperatures on the rise. Winds from the east and southeast.
– ARAGÓN: in Teruel and in the Iberian of Zaragoza, cloudy skies or covered with rain and showers, locally strong, persistent and stormy. In the rest, slightly cloudy, with a tendency towards cloudy at the end with a low probability of precipitation. Minimum temperatures on the rise in the southern third and with little change in the rest, and maximums on the rise, locally notable. Weak frosts in the Pyrenees. East and southeast wind from light to moderate.
– CATALONIA: in the southern third, cloudy intervals at the beginning, with a tendency to cloudy or covered with rainfall, more likely and abundant in the extreme south and in mountainous areas after noon. In the rest, cloudy intervals on the coast and slightly cloudy in the interior, with a tendency at the end of the day to cloudy with a low probability of weak rainfall. Minimum temperatures without significant changes and maximum temperatures on the rise, more accentuated indoors and notably in Lleida. Weak frosts in the Pyrenees. Light to moderate wind from east and north components.
– EXTREMADURA: cloudy or covered with rains and showers, locally strong and stormy, which in areas of the northern half can be persistent. Temperatures in slight rise in general. Winds from the east or southeast, with strong gusts, and very strong in the Central system.
– COMMUNITY OF MADRID: predominance of cloudy or overcast skies. Rains and showers, which will be persistent in the mountains, where they could be locally strong and accompanied by storms, and less frequent in the southeast of the community. Minimum temperatures unchanged or slightly rising and maximum temperatures rising. Northeast wind that will roll to the east and southeast, except in high areas of the mountains where it will blow from the southeast, and where very strong gusts are likely.
– CASTILLA-LA MANCHA: cloudy or covered until clearing in the southwest in the afternoon. Rains and showers, which will arrive to the northeast in the afternoon and are likely to be occasionally accompanied by a storm and will be locally strong and persistent in Alcaraz and Segura. Minimum temperatures unchanged or on the rise, and maximum temperatures on the rise, which will be locally notable in Guadalajara. In Albacete, the maxims will barely undergo changes. East component wind that will roll to the southeast at the end of the day, with very strong gusts in La Mancha and in high areas of the Montes de Toledo.
– VALENCIAN COMMUNITY: cloudy or covered with rainfall, which in Castellón, Valencia and in the north of Alicante can be locally strong, persistent and accompanied by occasional storms, while in the south of Alicante they will be less likely and copious. Rising temperatures in the north of Castellón and with little change in the rest. Northeast wind from light to moderate.
– MURCIA: cloudy or overcast skies with showers and storms, which can be strong and persistent in the interior during the first half of the day, until opening clear in the afternoon. Rising temperatures on the coastline and unchanged inland, locally decreasing. East component winds with occasional very strong gusts, more frequent in the Altiplano, with a tendency to decrease from the afternoon.
– BALEARIC ISLANDS: cloudy intervals until increasing to overcast skies. Probability of some generally weak precipitation, occasionally accompanied by a storm, preferably at the end of the day. Rising temperatures, especially during the daytime. Wind from the east and northeast, with strong intervals in Ibiza and Formentera where gusts can reach 60 kilometers per hour.
– ANDALUSIA: cloudy or overcast skies, with locally strong and persistent showers and storms, more intense and frequent in the western half, where they can be very strong, especially in the early hours. Starting in the afternoon, the rains will tend to be less intense and frequent, and clearings will open. Rising temperatures, locally unchanged. East component winds, more intense on the Mediterranean slope and high areas, with very strong gusts during the early morning.
– CANARY ISLANDS: cloudy intervals in general, with a tendency to cloudy in the afternoon. Occasional rainfall on the northern and eastern slopes of the islands of greater relief, mainly during the second half of the day, without ruling out that they are in the form of a shower. At the end of the day, they will also hit the west of La Palma. Temperatures unchanged or slightly decreasing. North wind from light to moderate, which will turn to the west component throughout the day. In the central peaks of Tenerife, from the strong west without ruling out very strong gusts at the end of the day.