The State Meteorological Agency (Aemet) foresees for this Saturday heavy rains in the west of Galicia, as well as a almost general increase in temperatures daytime in the peninsular territory, more pronounced in the Galician community and in the Cantabrian area.
An Atlantic front will approach the Peninsula and leave a overcast sky in thewest of Galicia, with precipitations that will be strong and persistent and will spread at the end of the day to the rest of Galicia and to the surroundings of the western Cantabrian mountain range. In the eastern and eastern Pyrenees of the Balearic Islands, cloudy intervals early in the day, without ruling out the occasional shower.
There will be intervals of morning low clouds and possible fog banks in the areas of the Atlantic peninsular slope, more likely in the southern plateau, and cloudy skies or with cloudy intervals in the north of the Canary Islands. Predominance of slightly cloudy sky in the rest of the country.
Increasing daytime temperatures almost generalized in the Peninsula, more pronounced in Galicia and the Cantabrian Sea, although few changes or a decrease are expected in the Mediterranean area. As for nighttime temperatures, they will drop in general, except in the extreme northwest of the peninsula and in the Canary Islands, with little change or on the rise.
Wind from the west on the coast of Alboran, and from the northwest, which will roll to the southwest in the rest of the Mediterranean area. In the northwest third of the peninsula, it will blow in a southwest direction and will increase during the day, being strong on the Galician coast, and with strong gusts in the rest of Galicia and the western Cantabrian mountain range, as well as trade winds in the Canary Islands.
Prediction by autonomous communities:
– GALICIA: overcast sky with light rains and showers in the west that will spread inland and may be accompanied by a storm, becoming locally strong and persistent in the western third at the end of the day. Morning mists and a fog bank are not ruled out. Minimum temperatures slightly rising in the western half and unchanged in the rest, and maximum temperatures rising in the northeast quadrant and unchanged in the rest. Wind from south and southwest components with strong intervals on the coast and probable very strong gusts in La Coruña, Pontevedra and A Mariña in the afternoon.
– ASTURIAS: cloudy intervals in the mountain range and slightly cloudy skies in the rest, with increased cloudiness in the afternoon and some weak precipitation at the end of the day, which will be more likely in the mountain range. No haze or fog bank is ruled out in the southwestern area. Minimum temperatures on the rise in the central third and without changes in the rest, and maximum temperatures on the rise, more pronounced on the coast. Loose wind in the eastern half and more intense in the western part of the southern component, with probable very strong gusts in the western third and in the mountain range from noon.
– CANTABRIA: clear skies, with increased cloudiness in the mountain range and in the Campoo area and throughout the autonomous community at the end of the day. Minimum temperatures unchanged or slightly decreasing, and maximum temperatures rising in the northern half and with little change in the rest. There will be some weak and scattered frost in the upper reaches of the mountain range. Wind of south and southwest components, loose at dawn, and that will increase its intensity during the day, with very strong gusts in the interior in the afternoon.
– BASQUE COUNTRY: clear sky with interval increases of high clouds in the afternoon. Minimum temperatures unchanged or with some local decrease, and maximum temperatures in slight ascent, somewhat more pronounced on the coast. Wind of south and southwest components, weak at dawn and with some very strong gusts in the high areas of the interior at the end of the day.
– CASTILLA Y LEÓN: Intervals of low clouds in the morning with probable morning mist and fog banks, and a tendency to increase to cloudy skies from the northwest during the afternoon, with weak rainfall at the end of the day. In the extreme east the sky will remain slightly cloudy. Minimum temperatures in slight descent, and maximum in slight ascent. Weak frosts on summits. Wind from west to southwest, more intense at the end of the day, with strong gusts in the northern mountains.
– NAVARRA: clear skies predominate with some intervals of high clouds in the afternoon. Probable morning mists or fogs in the west and center. Minimum temperatures without changes or in slight descent, somewhat more pronounced in the Tudela area, and maximums without changes or with some ascents. Loose wind from south and southeast components with more intense intervals at the end of the day in the Pyrenees and the Cantabrian slope.
– THE RIOJA: slightly cloudy sky, with cloudy intervals in the western Iberian Peninsula, which can give morning fog banks. Minimum temperatures in slight decrease, and maximum in slight ascent. Wind direction southwest in the mountains and variable loose in the valley.
– ARAGON: clear sky. Minimum temperatures in descent and maximums with local ascents in the mountain areas and without changes in the rest. Weak frosts in parts of the Pyrenees. Variable loose wind with a predominance of the western component.
– CATALONIA: clear skies, with cloudy intervals early in the day in the northeast, without ruling out a weak and scattered shower in the early morning in the north of Gerona. Minimum temperatures in descent and maximum in descent in Ampurdán, rising in the western Pyrenees and without changes in the rest. There will be weak frosts in parts of the Pyrenees. On the coast, moderate wind from the northwest, which will turn from light to moderate and from the southwest direction, while in the interior it will blow light with a predominance of the west and south components.
– EXTREMADURA: slightly cloudy sky with some interval of low clouds in the valleys of the great rivers and with probable morning fogs and fog banks. It will tend to increase to cloudy skies in the northwest during the afternoon. Minimum temperatures in slight decrease, and maximum in slight ascent. Loose wind from the west component.
– MADRID: cloudy sky with low clouds, except in the mountains where it will be slightly cloudy, with mists and morning fog banks, more likely in the center and south of the autonomous community. There will be a gradual decrease in cloudiness throughout the morning until the sky is slightly cloudy or clear. Temperatures will remain without significant changes, except for the maximum in the upper areas of the mountains where they will increase and the minimum in the southeast where they will decrease. Variable loose wind with a southwesterly trend at noon.
– CASTILLA LA MANCHA: except in the mountain areas, where the sky will be slightly cloudy or clear, in the rest of the autonomous community it will be cloudy or with intervals of low clouds in the morning, less abundant in the Tagus valley and in the south of Albacete, with probable morning mists or fog banks. The low cloud cover will decrease throughout the morning until the sky is slightly cloudy or clear, dissipating the mists and fog banks. Minimum temperatures in decrease, except in the northeast where they will remain with few changes, and maximums without significant changes. Loose wind from the west component, with a predominance of the southwest and west directions, except in Albacete and south of Cuenca where the dominant wind will be from the west and northwest components.
– VALENCIAN COMMUNITY: slightly cloudy or clear sky. Minimum temperatures in slight decrease; maximum in slight descent in coastal areas and without changes in the interior. East wind turning to the south component, moderate on the coast and weak in the interior.
– MURCIA: slightly cloudy or clear skies. Minimum temperatures in descent and maximums with few changes. Loose westerly winds, turning south or southwest in the afternoon on the coast.
– BALEARES: in the north and east of Mallorca and in Menorca, cloudy intervals without ruling out an occasional shower or storm, with a tendency in the afternoon to slightly cloudy skies; In Ibiza, Formentera and the rest of Mallorca, slightly cloudy or clear skies. Nighttime decreasing and daytime temperatures with little change. North component wind, which will turn in the afternoon to a southwest direction.
– ANDALUSIA: clear skies, except for intervals of low morning clouds in the interior and the Atlantic coast. There will be morning mists and fogs inside. Minimum temperatures in descent and maximums with few changes. West wind on the Mediterranean coast, and a weak variable in the rest with a predominance of the west component.
– CANARY ISLANDS: slightly cloudy sky with intervals of high clouds in general and with intervals of low clouds in the north of the more mountainous islands in the morning and at dusk. Temperatures unchanged or slightly rising. Moderate northeast wind.