The storm Barbara that has left copious rainfall in Spain and damage since Monday, but this Friday will only put Aragon on yellow notice due to rains, and it will leave occasional showers in the east and the Balearic Islands, according to the State Meteorological Agency (Aemet).
The Aemet foresees cloudy and overcast skies in eastern Catalonia and the Balearic Islands, with occasional showers, as well as in Galicia and in the Pyrenean area with the possibility of rainfall in the early hours of the day which will be especially persistent in the extreme south of the Pyrenees.
In the rest of the extreme north and the peninsular Atlantic slope, cloudy intervals will be registered, with possible weak and scattered precipitations that are expected to be more pronounced in Cádiz, northern Andalusia and the central peninsular area, with tendency to remit in all areas, except in the Pyrenees.
In general, there will be predominance of slightly cloudy or clear skies in the rest of the country, with some cloudy intervals in the Canary Islands of greater relief, in addition to probable scattered morning fogs in the interior of the peninsula, and the possibility of haze in the Balearic Islands.
Regarding the daytime temperatures will rise in the southeast of the peninsula, and they will experience a slight decrease in the northwestern half and the Balearic Islands, a decrease that will be accentuated throughout the country at night except for Galicia and the Canary Islands, where they will hardly vary.
The southwest and west wind will continue to predominate in the peninsula and the Balearic Islands, with strong intervals on the Galician north coast in the second half of the day, as well as trade winds in the Canary Islands.
Prediction by autonomous communities:
– GALICIA: Cloudy or overcast sky, with probable showers during the first half of the day that will tend to subside in the afternoon and diminish at night at cloudy intervals. Morning mists and a bank of fog in the interior are not ruled out. Minimum temperatures with few changes and maximums slightly decreasing in the east and with few changes in the west. On the coast to the east of Ortegal, wind from the southwest with intervals from the west in the central hours. In the rest of the coast, a weak northwest and west wind that will roll from noon to southwest somewhat more intense. Inland, a light south and southwest wind that will roll to a light west and southwest in the afternoon and will be more intense in the north third.
– ASTURIAS: Sky slightly cloudy at the beginning and end of the day, increasing to cloudy in the interior with probable scattered showers in the central hours of the day. Minimum temperatures unchanged in the west and decreasing in the east and maximum temperatures slightly decreasing. On the coast, the southwest wind is generally light and with more intense westerly intervals in the central hours. In the interior, light south and southwest wind with variable intervals in the afternoon in the east.
– CANTABRIA: slightly cloudy sky increasing at cloudy intervals and opening clear again at the end. Morning mists in high areas of the southwest. Possibility of weak and scattered precipitations. Falling temperatures. On the coast, winds from the west component. Inland, light southwest winds that will temporarily turn north in the afternoon, returning to a southern component at the end.
– BASQUE COUNTRY: cloudy or with cloudy intervals and opening clear at the end. Chance of light rainfall in the morning in the northern half. Falling temperatures with lows expected at the end of the day. On the coast, winds from the west component. Inland, light southwest winds that will temporarily turn north in the afternoon, returning to a southern component at the end.
– CASTILLA Y LEÓN: Cloudy or very cloudy sky decreasing in the afternoon to slightly cloudy from the west. Precipitation in the extreme east, will be at dawn, and in the southern third, with probability of them in the rest of an occasional and dispersed way. They will be weak in general, more intense on the southern slope of the Central System. Likely morning mists or fogs in northwest and mountain areas. Temperatures unchanged or slightly decreasing in the western third, and decreasing in the rest. Winds from the southwest to the west.
– NAVARRA: Cloudy sky or cloudy intervals, with morning mists and fog banks in the Pyrenees and in the center of the Community. Light rains and showers in the morning that could be accompanied by a storm in the Pyrenees and that will subside throughout the morning. Falling temperatures, with lows expected at the end of the day. Loose winds with a southerly component turning at noon to a western component and tending to variables afterwards.
– THE RIOJA: Cloudy sky with occasional precipitations in the Rioja Alta and the Iberian, without ruling them out in other areas. Probable morning mists or fogs in the Sierra. Falling temperatures. Winds from the southwest to the west in the Sierra and from the west to the northwest in the Valley.
– ARAGON: in the northern third, cloudy skies with persistent rainfall, tending to cloudy intervals in the afternoon and the rainfall subsiding. In the rest, slightly cloudy sky. Falling temperatures, more pronounced for the lows. Loose to moderate wind with a predominance of the west component.
– CATALONIA: Cloudy or overcast skies in the early hours, tending to cloudy in the upper reaches of the Pyrenees and in the northeast quadrant, and slightly cloudy or clear in the rest. During the early morning, precipitations that will be more likely in Lleida and the central coast, and cannot be ruled out in other parts of the eastern half. During the second half of the day, probable showers in the Pyrenees and northeast quadrant. Minimum temperatures in descent; Maximum rising in coastal areas and slightly decreasing inland. Wind from the west component loose to moderate, tending to a moderate north in the Ampurdán in the afternoon.
– EXTREMADURA: Cloudy or overcast sky, with rains and showers, without ruling out an isolated storm decreasing in the afternoon to slightly cloudy and precipitation disappearing. Probable morning mists and fogs. Minimum temperatures in slight decrease and maximums without changes in the west and south extremes and in decrease in the rest. Winds from the southwest turning in the day to the west and decreasing to lax.
– MADRID’S COMMUNITY: Cloudy or overcast sky decreasing at intervals during the central hours and slightly cloudy in the late afternoon. Light rains and occasional showers, more likely in the first half of the day and in the Sierra. Mists and probable morning fog banks, especially in the Sierra. Falling temperatures, more pronounced in the lows that will be reached at the end of the day. Loose southwest wind, tending to the west on peaks where it will present more intense intervals.
– CASTILLA LA MANCHA: Cloudy or overcast sky in the northeast and west with a predominance of low cloudiness, and cloudy intervals in the rest, eventually decreasing to slightly cloudy throughout the Community. Light rains and occasional showers, more frequent and probable in the extreme west and unlikely in the southeast, tending to subside in the afternoon. Mists and probable morning fog banks, especially in mountain areas and La Mancha. Minimum temperatures in decrease with values that will be reached at the end of the day, and maximum in decrease in the northern half, increasing in the southeast and with little change in the rest. Loose southwest wind, tending to the west with more intense intervals in the extreme east and in La Mancha.
– VALENCIAN COMMUNITY: predominantly slightly cloudy skies, with cloudy intervals in the interior and in Alicante during the first half of the day, and in the extreme north of Castellón in the afternoon where an isolated shower is not ruled out. Minimum temperatures in descent and maximum temperatures in ascent. Loose to moderate wind from the west component.
– MURCIA: slightly cloudy sky, with intervals of medium and high clouds. Minimum temperatures in descent and maximum temperatures in ascent. Winds from the west, turning southwest in the afternoon on the coast and getting stronger.
– BALEARES: sky covered with medium and high clouds without ruling out occasional weak precipitation accompanied by mud, tending to slightly cloudy at night. Falling temperatures. West and southwest wind.
– ANDALUSIA: Cloudy skies with showers, which can occasionally be accompanied by storms in the western half, more likely and intense in the mountains. In the eastern end and the Mediterranean coast, slightly cloudy skies will predominate, without rainfall. Morning mists and fog banks indoors. Minimum temperatures in descent; highs on the rise in the eastern half and unchanged in the rest. Winds from the west, with strong intervals on the eastern Mediterranean coast.
– CANARY ISLANDS: in the islands of greater relief, cloudy intervals in the north, more likely at the end of the day and eventually in the morning and, in central hours, cloudy intervals in the interior that could leave some isolated precipitation. In the rest of these islands and in Lanzarote and Fuerteventura, slightly cloudy skies. Temperatures with few changes or slight decrease, more pronounced in the minimum. Northeast wind, more intense in the afternoon and on the southeast and northwest coasts. Predominance of the breeze regime on coasts oriented to the southwest. Loose wind from northeast component on peaks.