The Bárbara Atlantic front that entered on Sunday from the west of the peninsula will cause locally strong and persistent rainfall on Tuesday in large areas of the west and Central system, and will put thirteen autonomous communities in orange or yellow notice due to rains, winds or coastal phenomena.
The State Meteorological Agency (Aemet) foresees orange or yellow warning in Andalusia, Aragon, Asturias, Cantabria, Castilla y León, Castilla-La Mancha, Catalonia, Extremadura, Galicia, Community of Madrid, Navarra, Basque Country and La Rioja.
Barbara will go moving east and it will leave locally strong or persistent rainfall accompanied by occasional storms in large areas of southern Galicia, western plateau and Andalusia, without ruling out neighboring areas. In the western environment of the Central system they can be especially copious. The front is also expected to affect west of the Canary Islands, with precipitations that could be accompanied by a storm in the west of the archipelago, without ruling out that they become occasionally strong on La Palma.
Showers will be unlikely in the eastern Mediterranean area and are not expected in the southeast of the peninsula or in the Balearic Islands. It will produce Calima in Melilla, the Balearic Islands and the southeast of the peninsula.
Maximum temperatures will increase in the south of the Mediterranean area and in the eastern Canaries, while will descend on the rest of the peninsula, notably in the northern plateau and Extremadura. The minimums will rise in almost the entire country, with a locally notable increase in the interior of the peninsula.
The wind will blow from the south throughout the country. It will be strong or with strong intervals in all mountain ranges, the west of Galicia, the eastern Cantabrian, the Ebro valley and the coast of the Gulf of Cádiz, and weak in the southeast of the peninsula.
Very strong gusts are expected in large areas of the extreme north, the western peninsula and in the western Canaries, especially in the summits of the mountain systems. In the Canary Islands it will blow in a southwest direction, with intervals of strong intensity in the western islands, which will turn northwest at the end of the day.
Prediction by autonomous communities:
– GALICIA: Cloudy sky with rains and showers that will be more abundant from noon, when they will be generalized. In Orense they are expected to be more intense and persistent, mainly in the mountains. Falling temperatures, less pronounced on the coast. South component wind, more intense on the Atlantic coast, with strong intervals in Orense in the afternoon, and possible very strong gusts.
– ASTURIAS: overcast skies, with rains in the mountain range that will spread to the rest of the principality in the afternoon. Minimum temperatures slightly rising on the coastline and unchanged in the rest, and maximum temperatures decreasing. South component wind, with strong or very strong intervals in the mountain range during the second half of the day.
– CANTABRIA: covered sky, with a predominance of medium and high clouds on the coast. Generalized rainfall will occur, which will be more frequent and intense in Liébana and Campoo, where it can be locally strong and persistent. There will be mists and mists inside. Minimum temperatures on the rise, locally notable in the interior, and maximums on the decline. South component wind with strong intervals and very strong gusts in the interior.
– BASQUE COUNTRY: cloudy sky, with a predominance of medium and high clouds on the coast. Generalized, less frequent and intense rainfall on the coast. There will be mists and mists inside. Minimum temperatures on the rise, locally notable in the interior and maximum temperatures on the decline, less pronounced in Guipúzcoa. South component wind, with strong intervals and very strong gusts in the interior.
– CASTILLA Y LEÓN: cloudy skies, with widespread and locally heavy rainfall. In the west they can also be persistent. Minimum temperatures in ascent and maximum in descent, which can be noticeable in both in large areas. South component wind with very strong gusts, especially in the mountains.
– NAVARRA: overcast sky, with mist and fog banks that will be more frequent in the extreme western mountain ranges. Generalized rainfall in the morning, which will be less intense on the Cantabrian slope, and which will subside in the afternoon. Minimum temperatures on the rise, which will be locally notable, and maximums on the decline. Wind from south and southeast components with very strong gusts.
– THE RIOJA: cloudy sky, with generalized, more frequent and intense rainfall in the Rioja Alta and the mountains. Minimum temperatures on the rise, locally notable, and maximum temperatures on the decline. Wind from the southeast direction in the valley, and from south and southeast components in the Iberian, where there will be very strong gusts at the end of the day.
– ARAGON: Covered sky. Rainfall is expected in the northern third, without ruling out that it will occur in the rest in a weaker and more dispersed way, and will be more likely in western Iberia. Minimum temperatures on the rise, which can be locally notable in points south of Huesca and north of Teruel, and maximums slightly decreasing in the southern third and decreasing in the rest. Light to moderate wind from south and southeast components with very strong gusts in the Pyrenees and Cinco Villas, where they can reach 100 kilometers per hour at the end of the day.
– CATALONIA: Cloudy sky, with rainfall in the western Pyrenees during the second half of the day, without ruling out that they occur in a weaker and dispersed way in other areas. Minimum temperatures rising and maximum temperatures slightly decreasing in the western half and without significant changes in the rest. Loose to moderate wind from east and south components with very strong gusts in the Lleida Pyrenees and the Arán valley, where they can reach 100 kilometers per hour at the end of the day.
– EXTREMADURA: overcast skies, with widespread and locally heavy rainfall, which can also be persistent in the west and north. Minimum temperatures in ascent and maximum in descent, which can be noticeable in both. South component wind with very strong gusts.
– MADRID’S COMMUNITY: Cloudy sky, with rains and showers that can be locally strong and persistent in the mountains. Minimum temperatures rising, locally notable, and maximum temperatures unchanged or slightly decreasing. Loose wind from south and southeast components that will intensify in the afternoon. There will be very strong gusts of wind in the mountains, without ruling them out occasionally in the low areas at the end of the day.
– CASTILLA LA MANCHA: cloudy sky, except in the south, where intervals of medium and high clouds will predominate. Probable mists and even morning fog banks in the south of Albacete. There will be rains and showers in the northwest and northeast that at night will spread to the south, although they will be less likely the further to the southeast, unexpectedly in Albacete and in the southeast of Cuenca. In the northwest of Toledo they are expected to be persistent, locally strong and even with an isolated storm.
Minimum temperatures on the rise, which will be locally notable in the western half and in Guadalajara, and maximum temperatures on the rise in the southeast quadrant, in a locally notable decrease in the extreme west of Toledo and without changes or a slight decrease in the rest. South component wind that will increase in intensity, with very strong gusts especially in the second half of the day, in the mountain areas of the north and west and in the western half of Ciudad Real.
– VALENCIAN COMMUNITY: cloudy intervals, more abundant in the northern third, with low morning cloudiness in the littoral areas, and without ruling out weak and scattered rains at the end of the day in the northern interior. Minimum temperatures on the rise and maximum temperatures on the rise in the southern third, and with little change in the rest. Loose wind with a predominance of the southeast direction and with some moderate intervals in the interior areas of Castellón and Valencia.
– MURCIA: cloudy intervals, with a small probability of weak precipitation in the northwest, which may be accompanied by mud. There will be haze. The temperatures will rise and the wind will blow variable lax with a tendency to the east component.
– BALEARIC ISLANDS: slightly cloudy sky, with increased intervals of high clouds in the afternoon. There will be morning mists. Rising temperatures. Southeast direction wind, with some strong intervals at night and gusts that can reach 70 kilometers per hour on the coast of the Sierra de Tramuntana.
– ANDALUSIA: cloudy skies, with a tendency to cover from west to east, and showers occasionally accompanied by storms in the western half, locally strong and persistent in the western extreme. In the rest of the autonomous community, rainfall is unlikely and will not reach the eastern end, where halls are expected. Minimum rising temperatures and decreasing maximum temperatures in the extreme west, unchanged in the eastern interior and rising in the Mediterranean coast and Cádiz. East wind in the Mediterranean coast and the Strait, and a southern component in the rest, with strong intervals and very strong gusts in the western half.
– CANARY ISLANDS: slightly cloudy sky, with intervals of high clouds that will increase to cloudy skies from west to east. Generally weak rains that will start on La Palma and gradually move towards the east. Chance of occasionally heavy showers and storms in La Palma, La Gomera and north and west of Tenerife around noon. Minimum temperatures in general ascent and maximum in ascent, except in the peaks where descent is expected. Moderate to strong wind from the southwest direction with very strong gusts, which will gradually roll and subside until it is light to moderate and from the northwest direction at the end of the day.