The State Meteorological Agency (Aemet) foresees for this Thursday heavy or persistent rains on the southern face of the Cantabrian mountain range and the Central system and, at the end of the day, in Huelva, as well as intense wind in various areas of the country.
The abundant rainfall, possibly accompanied by a storm, will continue in much of the Peninsula and in the more prominent Canary Islands. The rains will be unlikely in the eastern Canary Islands, eastern Cantabrian, eastern Mediterranean area and are not expected on the southeast coast or in the Balearic Islands.
In other areas, showers will tend, in general, to disperse and subside throughout the day, although they may increase at the end of the day. Possible calimas in Melilla, the Balearic Islands and in the southeast of the peninsula.
The Maximum temperatures will tend to continue to drop, in a locally notable way, in the Canary Islands and in the central and southern interior of the Peninsula, and will rise in the eastern third and in the Balearic Islands. The minimums will tend to fall in the Canary Islands and in the western half of the peninsula and to rise in the east, the Balearic Islands and Melilla. Without big changes in the rest.
The south component wind in the Peninsula and in the Balearic Islands, with strong intervals and with very strong gusts in mountain areas and around the center and north of the peninsula, especially in the Pyrenees. In the Canary Islands it will turn northwest, less intense than in previous days.
Prediction by autonomous communities:
– GALICIA: Cloudy skies in the west and south at dawn, with scattered showers in the Rías and Orense occasionally accompanied by a storm, with cloudiness and rainfall spreading to the rest of the region during the morning. Minimum temperatures without changes or slightly decreasing and maximum temperatures without significant changes. The wind will blow from the south, occasionally strong on the coast.
– ASTURIAS: Sky slightly cloudy at first except for cloudy intervals in the mountain range, with a tendency to be cloudy throughout the morning with showers during the central hours, more likely in the western and southern half, and occasionally accompanied by a storm. At the end of the day, a little cloudy sky. Minimum temperatures in slight decrease and maximum with few changes. The wind will blow weak from the south, except for very strong gusts in Picos de Europa at dawn, with a tendency to variable weakness.
– CANTABRIA: in the mountain range, cloudy sky with weak rains and showers in the afternoon and slightly cloudy in the rest, with an increase at noon to cloudy, with a low probability of some weak and scattered precipitation. Minimum temperatures in slight decrease and maximum in decrease in the easternmost end of the coast and with few changes in the rest. The wind will roll from the south component with a decrease to light and will turn to the east temporarily from noon on the coast.
– BASQUE COUNTRY: predominantly cloudy skies, with medium and high clouds, although with large clearings in the early hours of the day. Light rain and scattered showers in the afternoon. Minimum temperatures in slight decrease that will be more pronounced in the northwest in the case of the maximums. The wind will blow lightly from the south with a tendency to the east, in the northern third, temporarily in the afternoon and will pick up on the coast of Guipúzcoa at the end of the day.
– CASTILLA Y LEÓN: Cloudy or overcast skies with persistent and locally strong precipitations on the southern slope of the Central System of Salamanca and Ávila, and occasional in the rest. Minimum temperatures in slight decrease and maximum with slight changes. The wind will blow from the south component.
– NAVARRA: predominantly cloudy skies with large clearings in the west in the early hours. Weak rains and scattered showers that will be more intense and persistent in the Pyrenees and in the center of the region. Minimum temperatures with some slight decreases and maximum decreases. The wind will veer from the south and southeast with more intense intervals, during the central hours, except in the Ribera.
– THE RIOJA: Cloudy sky with occasional rainfall, more frequent during the second half of the day. Temperatures in slight decrease. The wind will blow from the south and southwest in the Iberian and from the southeast in the Valley.
– ARAGON: sky covered with precipitation, more likely and abundant in the northern half, especially in the Pyrenees where it will be locally persistent, and weaker and less likely in the southern half. Minimum temperatures unchanged and maximum temperatures decreasing. Wind will blow lightly from east and south components with moderate southeast intervals at Cinco Villas.
– CATALONIA: cloudy sky with precipitations, more abundant in the interior at any time of the day, especially in the Pyrenees of Lleida where they will be locally persistent; weaker and less likely on the coastline and pre-littoral during the second half of the day. Minimum temperatures unchanged and maximum temperatures decreasing. On the north coast, the wind will blow from the southeast with moderate intervals; on the south and central coast, a weak to moderate northwest wind with a tendency to a weak south component. In the Pyrenees, weak south wind with very strong gusts in high areas. In the rest, a weak variable with a predominance of the east component.
– EXTREMADURA: cloudy skies to covered with rainfall, more frequent in the east and southern third of the province of Badajoz and in the north of Cáceres, where they will be persistent and locally strong. In the rest, occasional rainfall. Minimum temperatures in descent and maximum temperatures without changes. The wind will blow from the south component.
– MADRID’S COMMUNITY: Cloudy or overcast sky, with more abundant cloudiness in the mountains. Rains and showers, which will occasionally be accompanied by storms and which will be locally strong and persistent in the mountains and in the southwest. Temperatures in slight decrease. The wind will roll from a weak south component, somewhat more intense in the mountains and in central hours throughout the region.
– CASTILLA LA MANCHA: sky covered, with clearings in the central zone of the region and will diminish at cloudy intervals in the west at the end, with mist and fog banks in high areas. Showers and showers, occasionally with storms in the northwest where they will be locally strong and persistent; less frequent and intense in the southeast. Temperatures in slight decrease, more pronounced in the maximums in the southeast. The wind will blow light, variable in Albacete and a southern component in the rest, somewhat more intense in the central hours in the west and northeast of the region.
– VALENCIAN COMMUNITY: sky covered with rainfall that will be accompanied by mud, most likely in the interior of Castellón and Valencia, and in the north of Alicante during the second half of the day. Minimum temperatures with few changes and maximum decreasing. The wind will blow lightly from the north in the north and central coast, and variable in the rest, with a tendency to the south.
– MURCIA: sky overcast with occasional showers, most likely in the northwest. Haze intervals. Minimum temperatures with slight changes and maximum decreasing, noticeable inside. The wind will blow variable lightly, with a tendency to southwest on the coast during the afternoon and getting stronger.
– BALEARES: sky covered with medium and high clouds with suspended dust, with some weak and occasional precipitation accompanied by mud, preferably in Ibiza and Formentera at night. Temperatures with few changes or decreasing at night. The wind will blow from the south component.
– ANDALUSIA: Skies overcast, with locally heavy showers accompanied by thunderstorms, especially during the early morning in the western third. Rainfall will be unlikely in the extreme east, with intervals of haze. Falling temperatures, locally unchanged. The wind will blow from the west or southwest.
– CANARY ISLANDS: In the first half of the day, cloudy intervals with occasional and scattered weak rains in the north of the islands of greater relief, and cloudy with rainfall in the east of Tenerife and Gran Canaria in the early morning. In the second half of the day, little cloudy in general, except for the development of cloudiness in the southern interior of the islands of greater relief that will leave some precipitation. Temperatures in slight decrease. The wind will blow from the northwest, which will turn north during the day.