The State Meteorological Agency (Aemet) foresees for tomorrow, Saturday, significantly high temperatures in the southeast of the peninsula and in the Canary Islands, where values higher than usual for the time will be reached and a decrease in the maximums in the northeast of the peninsula and the Balearic Islands, which will be locally notable in Navarra.
In much of the country, slightly cloudy skies will predominate, however, cloudy intervals with showers are expected in the Pyrenees and some occasional storms, more likely in the early hours in the high areas of the western and central Pyrenees, and in the afternoon in the eastern Pyrenees and northeast of Catalonia, without ruling them out in other parts of eastern Catalonia and at the eastern end of the Iberian system where they can be locally strong.
Probability of weak rains in the eastern Cantabrian Sea, which in the afternoon will tend to remit on the coastlines and disperse in the form of showers in the interior. On the northern Mediterranean coast, the Balearic Islands and the northern western Canary Islands, there will be intervals of morning low clouds.
Probability of fog banks in Galicia, the Cantabrian area, the extreme north of Castilla y León and the eastern Mediterranean area, and possible high calimas in the Canary Islands. Trade winds in the Canary Islands with strong intervals, while in much of the northern third of the peninsula and east of the Balearic Islands, The wind will blow from the north, west on the Andalusian coast and light wind in the rest of the peninsula.
Prediction by autonomous communities:
– GALICIA: cloudy sky, with low clouds at the beginning of the day and morning mists and fog banks in the interior of La Coruña and Lugo, which will tend at the end of the morning at cloudy intervals or slightly cloudy with intervals of high clouds. Minimum temperatures without changes or slightly decreasing and maximum temperatures without changes or slightly increasing. On the coast to the north of Finisterre, a southwesterly wind that will roll in the afternoon to the west and northwest; in the rest of the autonomous community, variable loose wind with a tendency to north and northwest directions in the afternoon.
– ASTURIAS: in the Cordillera, cloudy intervals and evolution clouds in the afternoon in the east, where a shower or weak and scattered rain is not ruled out; in the rest, cloudy intervals or slightly cloudy sky. Morning mists and probable fog banks in mountain areas. Temperatures unchanged or slightly decreasing. On the coast, there is a predominance of breezes, which will tend in the afternoon to a light wind from the north and northwest; In the interior, the wind will blow lightly from the south with a tendency to the north component in the morning.
– CANTABRIA: a predominance of cloudy skies, with clearings opening in the afternoon in the southern third and at night throughout the autonomous community, and weak and scattered rains during the first half of the day, unlikely in the extreme south, which will cease in the coast in the afternoon. Morning mists and fog banks in high areas of the interior. Falling temperatures. Loose wind of north component, although of variable direction at the beginning and at the end of the day.
– BASQUE COUNTRY: predominantly cloudy skies, although clearings will open in the south of Álava from noon, and weak and scattered rains in the northern half. Mists and morning fog banks in parts of the interior. Temperatures unchanged or slightly decreasing, more pronounced than the maximums in the south. Variable loose wind, with a tendency to a north component in the morning and intervals of greater intensity in the afternoon in the south of Álava.
– CASTILLA AND LEÓN: slightly cloudy sky, with cloudy intervals in the north and with a probability of weak rainfall in mountain areas. Without ruling out morning mists and fog banks. Minimum temperatures in decrease, and maximum in slight decrease in the east and in slight rise in the southwest. North wind in the north of the region and northwest or variable in the rest of the autonomous community.
– NAVARRA: in the northern third, cloudy intervals with weak and scattered precipitations; in the rest, slightly cloudy or clear skies. Some morning fog bank in the Pyrenees. Falling temperatures, more pronounced in the highs, with notable drops mainly in the Pyrenees and in areas of the center and south of the provincial community. The wind will blow from the north and northwest, with more intense intervals in the central hours of the day in the southern half and Cierzo in the Ribera.
– THE RIOJA: slightly cloudy sky, with intervals of low clouds in the early morning and early hours of the morning, which can give rise to morning fog banks, in the Iberian. Falling temperatures. Wind from north and northwest directions.
– ARAGON: in the Pyrenees, cloudy intervals with a tendency to slightly cloudy skies, with showers occasionally accompanied by storms at the beginning of the day in the westernmost valleys, which will subside during the morning; in the rest, clear skies with daytime cloudiness in eastern Iberia, where showers and storms are expected in the afternoon, which can be locally strong. Minimum temperatures unchanged or slightly decreasing, and maximum temperatures decreasing, especially in the Ebro depression. In the Ebro valley, light to moderate wind from the northwest, which will blow variable lightly with a predominance of the western component in the rest of the autonomous community.
– CATALONIA: in the Pyrenees and northeast, cloudy intervals with daytime cloudiness in mountain areas; in the rest, clear skies. At the beginning of the day, probable showers and storms in the Aran Valley that will subside during the morning; In the afternoon, occasional showers and thunderstorms are expected in the interior of the northeast quadrant, which may spread in a weaker and more dispersed way to the rest of the eastern half; It is not ruled out that they may be locally strong in the Girona Pyrenees. Minimum temperatures with local rises in the interior northeast and without changes in the rest; maximum in descent in the interior, more accentuated in the Pyrenees, and without changes in coastal areas. On the coast of Gerona, moderate wind from the north and, on the rest of the coast, weak to moderate from the east; in the interior there will be a loose variable blowing with a predominance of the western component in the western half and the southern component in the eastern half.
– ESTREMADURA: slightly cloudy or clear sky. Minimum temperatures unchanged in the southeast and decreasing in the rest, and maximum temperatures unchanged in the southeast and rising in the rest. The wind will blow lightly from the northwest.
– MADRID: clear sky except for some interval of high clouds in the mountains in the afternoon. Minimum temperatures in descent in the mountains, generally light, and without changes in the rest; highs with little change or in slight ascent. Loose wind from the north component with a tendency to the west component in the afternoon with a more intense interval in the mountains.
– CASTILLA LA MANCHA: clear sky, except for some interval of high clouds in the Central and Iberian Systems in the afternoon. Minimum temperatures unchanged or with slight changes; Highs with few changes, with a predominance of increases in the western third and decreases in the rest of the autonomous community, although they will still remain above 38 degrees in areas of Albacete. Variable loose wind at the beginning of the day, with a tendency to a west component at noon, which will roll south and southeast in the eastern half of Albacete in the afternoon, and northeast in Guadalajara at the end of the day. The wind is expected to be more intense in the afternoon, especially in the southeast of Albacete.
– VALENCIAN COMMUNITY: clear sky, with some morning intervals of low clouds on the coast; in the northern interior, cloudiness of diurnal evolution, which will leave showers and storms in the afternoon in the interior of Castellón, which can be locally strong. Minimum temperatures unchanged or slightly rising and maximum temperatures falling in the interior of Valencia and few changes in the rest. Loose wind from the east, with intervals of moderate intensity on the coast.
– MURCIA: slightly cloudy sky, with daytime cloudiness in the inland mountain ranges. Minimum temperatures rising in the interior and without changes in the coastline; Rising highs on the coastline, unchanged inland. Loose wind from the west component, which will roll to the east component in the afternoon.
– BALEARIC ISLANDS: intervals of low clouds, which will tend during the morning to slightly cloudy or clear skies. Morning mists. Nighttime temperatures with few changes and decreasing daytime temperatures except in the Pitiusas, where maximum temperatures of 24 degrees will be reached, and 35 degrees in Mallorca. In Menorca, the wind will blow from north and northeast directions, and in the rest of the autonomous community the wind will generally blow lightly from the east with coastal breezes.
– ANDALUSIA: slightly cloudy sky, except for intervals of low clouds and morning mists on the coast of Cádiz and Estrecho. Minimum temperatures decreasing in the extreme west, and with little change or locally rising in the rest; highs on the rise in the eastern third, with little change in the rest. Variable loose wind in the eastern third, which will blow from the west component in the rest of the autonomous community, more intense on the coast.
– CANARY ISLANDSGenerally clear skies, increasing at intervals of low clouds late in the day over the northern shores of the Western Isles. Calima in height, without significantly affecting visibility on the surface. Rising temperatures, with maximums reaching or exceeding 30 degrees in much of the archipelago. On the coasts, moderate wind from the northeast, with strong intervals in the afternoon, while on the peaks it will blow weak from the east component, which will roll to a moderate northeast in the afternoon.