The State Meteorological Agency (Aemet) foresees for tomorrow, Friday, a drop in temperatures, notably in the eastern Cantabrian Sea where locally strong precipitations are not ruled out, except in the Canary Islands and in the Mediterranean area where they will rise, reaching significantly high values.
In Cantabria, the Basque Country and northwestern Navarra, there will be cloudy sky with precipitation, which will move during the day from west to east, accompanied by occasional storms, without ruling out that they are locally strong.
These precipitations will extend, although with less intensity, to areas of Asturias, northeast of Castilla y León, upper Ebro and northwest of Galicia, and can reach other points of the north plateau, Central system and north of Cáceres, although will tend to remit during the day and to reduce cloudiness.
Intervals of low morning clouds in Extremadura, the Cadiz, Catalan and Valencian coastline, under the Ebro and north of the Canary Islands, while in the rest of the territory there will be predominance of slightly cloudy or clear skies.
The wind will blow from west and southwest directions on the peninsular Atlantic slope, weak in its southern half and somewhat more intense in the rest, with the west in the Strait and trade winds in the Canary Islands, which will intensify with strong intervals.
Prediction by autonomous communities:
– GALICIA: Very cloudy sky in the western half, with showers and light rains during the first half of the day, and cloudy intervals in the rest of the autonomous community, with a tendency to slightly cloudy skies throughout the territory at the end of the day. Temperatures in slight decrease, more pronounced than the minimum in Orense and with few changes in the coast of La Coruña. Southwest wind that will subside at the end of the day.
– ASTURIAS: cloudy intervals with weak and occasional rains, more likely in the eastern half of the Principality. Temperatures in slight decrease, something more pronounced than the minimum in Cordillera and Picos. The wind will blow lightly from the southwest, with a tendency to variable direction.
– CANTABRIA: Rains and showers, occasionally accompanied by an early morning thunderstorm, when they will be more frequent and intense, which will remit during the afternoon, and cloudy or overcast skies, with daytime clouds that will tend to cloudy intervals at the end of the day. Morning mists and a fog bank inside. Minimum temperatures in slight decrease; descending maximums, which will be locally noticeable in the eastern half and slight on the west coast. Variable loose wind, with a tendency to east and northeast directions on the coast.
– BASQUE COUNTRY: cloudy sky, with clouds of diurnal evolution, and rains and showers occasionally accompanied by thunderstorms, which will extend from west to east and which will be more frequent and intense during the afternoon, when they can be locally strong. Mists and some morning fog banks. Minimum temperatures slightly decreasing and maximum decreasing, generally notable and without ruling out that it is locally extraordinary in the northern half. Variable loose wind, with a tendency towards a north component.
– CASTILLA AND LEÓN: in the northern half, cloudy skies with precipitation, except in the extreme west, which will move towards the east and occasionally with a storm; in the rest of the community there will be cloudy intervals that will increase due to evolutionary cloudiness, without ruling out scattered showers. Minimum temperatures decreasing in the northwest and slightly rising in the southeast, and maximum decreasing, which could be notable in the northeast. Wind from the southwest to the west, which will roll from the north to the north component at the end of the day.
– NAVARRA: in the northern half, cloudy intervals that will increase to cloudy skies, with rains and showers in the afternoon, occasionally with a storm in the extreme northwest, being less probable and frequent towards the south; in the southern half, clear sky. Minimum temperatures slightly decreasing and maximum decreasing, which will be less pronounced towards the south and east, with maximums that will exceed 36 degrees in the Tudela area. Loose south component wind, which will roll to the north and northwest directions in the afternoon and will increase in intensity.
– THE RIOJA: slightly cloudy sky, which will increase due to evolutionary cloudiness with showers, mainly in the Rioja Alta and occasionally with storms. Minimum temperatures without changes or in slight ascent and maximum in descent. Wind from the southwest in the Iberian and from the southeast in the Ribera, which will roll to the northwest at the end of the day.
– ARAGON: clear sky, which will increase at cloudy intervals in the Pyrenees, where some weak precipitation in the afternoon is not ruled out. Temperatures unchanged or slightly decreasing. Loose wind from the south that will intensify at the end of the day in a northwesterly direction in the Ebro valley and that will blow variable loose in the rest of the autonomous community.
– CATALONIA: slightly cloudy sky, with some morning intervals of low clouds on the coast. Temperatures slightly rising or unchanged, except for the Gerona highs that will drop. Loose wind from the east component, which will roll to the south component in the morning and will tend to variable direction at the end of the day.
– ESTREMADURA: slightly cloudy sky, with low morning cloudiness and evolutionary cloudiness, without ruling out occasional showers in the north. Minimum temperatures in ascent and maximum in descent. The wind will blow lightly from the west component.
– MADRID: clear sky, with a predominance of high cloud cover, somewhat lower and more abundant in the afternoon in the mountains, where some weak precipitation is not ruled out. Minimum temperatures slightly rising in the southern half and unchanged in the rest; Maximum unchanged in the extreme north and a slight decrease in the rest of the region, more pronounced the further to the southeast. Loose southwest wind at the beginning of the day, which will intensify in the afternoon.
– CASTILLA LA MANCHA: slightly cloudy sky, with some medium or high cloudiness, especially in the northern half of the autonomous community. Minimum temperatures unchanged or slightly rising, somewhat more pronounced in the Tagus valley; Maximum in slight decrease, except in the southeastern third of Albacete, where they will rise. Variable light wind at the beginning of the day, which will intensify to the west and southwest directions.
– VALENCIAN COMMUNITY: clear skies, with some morning intervals of low clouds on the coast. Temperatures unchanged except ascent of the maximums in the interior, especially in Valencia. Variable loose wind, with a predominance of the western component in the interior and the southern and eastern components on the coast in the afternoon.
– MURCIA: slightly cloudy sky, with some interval of low morning clouds in the Campo de Cartagena. Minimum temperatures unchanged; highs on the rise. Variable loose wind, with a tendency towards a southerly component in the afternoon.
– BALEARIC ISLANDS: predominance of slightly cloudy sky. Temperatures will remain with little change, or will rise and fall locally depending on the wind regime, with maximums that can reach 37 degrees in Mallorca and 34 in Menorca. The wind will blow lightly and with coastal breezes.
– ANDALUSIA: clear skies, except for intervals of low clouds and morning mists in Cádiz and Huelva. Minimum rising temperatures in the extreme west and eastern Mediterranean coast, unchanged in the rest; Maximum on the rise in the Mediterranean slope, more pronounced in Campo de Gibraltar and in the province of Malaga, with few changes or a slight decrease in the rest of the autonomous community. Variable loose wind, with a tendency to the west component in the afternoon, when it will increase.
– CANARY ISLANDS: Generally slightly cloudy sky, except for some interval of low clouds in the early and late hours of the day on the northern coast of the islands. Calima in height, which will affect the province of Las Palmas and, at the end of the day, Tenerife. Minimum temperatures unchanged or slightly rising; Maximum temperatures in slight to moderate ascent, more pronounced in the interior and summits. On all the islands, the maximums will locally exceed 30 degrees in the interior and mid-range areas of the south and west, and will reach 34-36 degrees in Gran Canaria. Loose to moderate wind from northeast direction.