The cloudy skies will leave locally strong showers and storms in the Balearic Islands this Tuesday, which could reach high intensity and accompanied by hail, which from the afternoon could be extended to areas of the Catalan coastline and pre-coastline and the Gulf of Valencia, according to the State Meteorological Agency (Aemet).
The Agency also foresees cloudy intervals in the rest of the Mediterranean area, with probable weak rains in Malaga, the Strait area and Melilla, and with low probability of a scattered shower in the rest, accompanied by storms in the north.
Expected slightly cloudy or clear sky in the rest of the country, with some high clouds in the western peninsula and in the Canary Islands, and intervals of low clouds or morning fog banks in the eastern Cantabrian and upper Ebro.
The temperatures will register a rise in the Canary Islands, where they will be significantly high, and in decline in the southern half of the peninsula, which will be noticeable in the interior of Andalusia. However, the daytime will go up in the Valencian Community and the northern half of the Peninsula, without presenting changes in the Balearic Islands.
The winds from the northeast will blow in the northwest quadrant of the peninsula, the Mediterranean coast, the Balearic Islands and the Canary Islands, with strong intervals on the northwest coast of Galicia, the Catalan coast, the Balearic Islands and the Canary Islands; from the east on the Andalusian coast, with lift strong in the Strait and prevalence of light winds in the rest.
Prediction by autonomous communities:
– GALICIA: Lightly cloudy sky with intervals of high clouds. Minimum temperatures with few changes except for some local rise in the southern interior and maximum temperatures that rise in the north and do not vary in the south. Loose east component wind, more intense on the north coast with strong intervals between Ortegal and Finisterre turning temporarily north in the afternoon except in the north third.
– PRINCIPALITY OF ASTURIAS: Lightly cloudy sky with intervals of high clouds. Minimum temperatures without changes in the coastline and in general slight decrease in the interior. Maximum temperatures on the rise. East component wind, weak inside.
– CANTABRIA: Lightly cloudy sky with intervals of high clouds. Probable morning mists and fog banks in the southeast, without ruling them out in the rest. Minimum temperatures without changes or with some decrease; Maximum on the rise, light on the coast and more pronounced the further south. Variable loose wind, tending to the northeast and east and increasing on the coast temporarily in the afternoon.
– BASQUE COUNTRY: Little cloudy or clear sky. Probable morning mists and fog banks. Minimum temperatures unchanged or slightly decreasing in the south and more pronounced in the north; Rising maxima, slight on the coast and more pronounced the further south, even noticeable in the extreme south. Variable loose wind tending soon to north and northeast.
– CASTILLA Y LEÓN: Lightly cloudy sky, with intervals of low clouds or clouds and fog banks in the early hours in the northeast, and with intervals of high clouds in the western half throughout the day. Minimum temperatures without changes or slightly decreasing and maximum temperatures slightly increasing or without changes in the west and south and rising in the rest, more pronounced in the northeast. Winds from the northeast to the east.
– FORAL COMMUNITY OF NAVARRA: Predominance of clear skies. Likely morning mists and fog banks in western third. Minimum temperatures decreasing in the Ribera and with few changes in the rest; Highs on the rise, notable in much of the Autonomous Community. Loose wind with a predominance of the northwest.
– THE RIOJA: Little cloudy or clear, with intervals of low clouds in the early hours in the Rioja Alta. Minimum temperatures in no changes or in slight descent and maximum in ascent. Winds from the north and northwest tending to the northeast and east, generally loose.
– ARAGON: Lightly cloudy or clear skies, increasing at intervals in the eastern half in the afternoon. Minimum temperatures in slight decrease and maximum in locally notable ascent in the Pyrenees and slight ascent in the rest. Loose variable wind, predominantly the western component in the morning and tending generally to the eastern component in the afternoon.
– CATALONIA: Lightly cloudy sky, with daytime cloudiness in the Pyrenees, where showers are not ruled out in the afternoon, increasing in the coastal provinces in the afternoon to cloudy or overcast, with locally strong showers and storms on the coast and pre-littoral at the last hours. Minimum temperatures without major changes and maximum temperatures on the rise, locally notable in the western Pyrenees. In the extreme northeast, moderate north wind and in the rest, weak northwest tending to weak to moderate northeast on the coast and this weak in the rest.
– EXTREMADURA: Lightly cloudy sky with some intervals of high clouds in the west in the afternoon, and evolutionary cloudiness in Sierra Morena in the afternoon. Minimum temperatures in decrease in the province of Cáceres and without changes or in slight decrease in the rest and maximum in decrease. Winds from the northeast to the east, more intense in the northern third.
– MADRID’S COMMUNITY: Clear sky. Minimum temperatures in descent; highs without changes or with some decline in the Sierra. Loose wind from the northeast tending to the east and southeast starting at noon.
– CASTILLA LA MANCHA: Intervals of low clouds and some morning mist in Albacete in the early hours; Evolutionary cloudiness intervals in the east and southeast of the Community during the central hours, especially in mountain areas, with a low probability of a scattered shower in the Alcaraz and Segura mountains.
The rest of the day and in the rest of the areas will remain clear. An isolated shower in the surroundings of Alcaraz and Segura is not ruled out. Minimum temperatures in decrease, more pronounced in the western half, and maximums that decrease in the southern half, rise in the northeast and remain unchanged in the central strip. Loose wind, from the northeast and east tending to the southeast.
– VALENCIAN COMMUNITY: At the last hours on the coast of the northern half, locally strong showers and storms are not ruled out. Cloudy intervals, more abundant from the morning. On the coast and pre-littoral, probability of showers and storms, without ruling out in inland areas close to the coast, especially in the northern half. At the last hours in the northern half it is not ruled out that they are locally strong. Minimum temperatures in slight descent and maximum in slight ascent. Loose northwest wind turning loose north and northeast, with moderate intervals on the coast.
– MURCIA REGION: Predominance of cloudy skies without ruling out occasional showers, opening up clear from the afternoon. Temperatures unchanged on the coast, and decreasing in the interior, more pronounced in the Northwest highs. East component winds, more intense on the coast.
– BALEARIC ISLANDS: Cloudy sky with showers and storms that could be locally strong or very strong and with hail. Night temperatures slightly decreasing and daytime temperatures rising. Wind from the north and northeast with intervals of strong tending to variable during the afternoon.
– ANDALUSIA: Predominance of cloudy skies on the Mediterranean side, where some precipitation is not ruled out, generally weak, more likely in Malaga in the early hours. Cloudy or clear skies, with evolutionary cloudiness, in the rest of the community.
Minimum temperatures decreasing in the eastern interior and with little change in the rest; highs in decline in the interior, locally notable, and with little change in the coastline. East component winds, increasing to strong in the coast of Almería. Raise strong in the Strait, with very strong gusts.
– CANARY ISLANDS: Cloudy or clear sky with some interval of high clouds. Slight haze in height, tending to remit in the afternoon from east to west. Temperatures in slight to moderate ascent, more pronounced in the minimum ones, being able to become noticeable in summits. Maximum temperatures will exceed 30ºC in inland areas, reaching 34-36ºC in the midlands of the south and west of the islands of greater relief and in the southern interior of Lanzarote and Fuerteventura. Moderate northeast wind with strong intervals.