The effects of the storm that has entered from the Atlantic will leave this Thursday locally heavy rainfall in areas of the center and northwest of the peninsula, and will put Castilla y León, Castilla-La Mancha, Extremadura, Galicia and the Community of Madrid on alert, according to the State Meteorological Agency (Aemet).
According to the forecasts of the Aemet, will be registered cloudy intervals of medium and high type at the beginning of the day in most of the country, with the possibility of some showers and generally low intensity storms during the early morning and part of the morning on the peninsula, except on the Mediterranean coast.
In the western half of the peninsula, showers and storms are expected to increase and intensify from mid-afternoon until the end of the day.
The Daytime temperatures will drop throughout the interior of the peninsula and in the Canary Islands, while in the rest few changes will be registered. The nocturnal ones will ascend slightly in the peninsula.
The wind will blow from the east component in the Cantabrian Sea, in the Ebro valley and on the coast of the southeast of the peninsula and moderate east in the Strait. In the rest of the peninsula and the Balearic Islands it will be of variable direction, with a tendency to the southern component throughout the day. In the Canary Islands, it will blow from the north component.
Prediction by autonomous communities:
– GALICIA: Sky with cloudy intervals, which will increase in the afternoon until overcast. Rains, showers and weak and isolated storms in the morning and that will become general and intensify in the afternoon when they can be locally strong and with the possibility of hail in Pontevedra, La Coruña and Orense. Minimum temperatures with slight changes and rising in the northeast and south of Lugo and inland Orense, and maximum with slight changes. Loose wind with a predominance of the eastern component, which will tend towards the western component in the afternoon.
– ASTURIAS: cloudy sky or with cloudy intervals. There will be rains, showers and storms, which will be somewhat less likely in the northeast of the principality, and more intense and frequent in the western interior. Minimum temperatures rising and maximum temperatures without changes or slight changes, with a predominance of decreases in the southern third and ascents in the northern third. Variable loose wind with a predominance of the east component in the north and the south-east direction in the south.
– CANTABRIA: Cloudy sky, with a predominance of medium and high cloud cover, and a tendency to cloudy intervals. Showers and storms in the southern highlands that in a scattered way can spread to the rest of the autonomous community. Minimum temperatures rising and maximum temperatures rising on the coastline and without changes or slightly decreasing in the rest. Loose wind from the east component on the coast, where it will intensify in the afternoon and will be variable in the interior, with a predominance of the southern component.
– BASQUE COUNTRY: sky with intervals of medium and high clouds, without ruling out a shower accompanied occasionally with a storm in the interior. Minimum temperatures on the rise, which will be light or without changes on the coast, the maximums will rise on the coast, while in the rest they change little. Variable loose wind, with a predominance of the eastern component on the coast.
– CASTILLA Y LEÓN: Cloudy to overcast skies, with showers and thunderstorms beginning at noon in the extreme south and west, locally they can be strong and stormy. They will move to the rest of the areas in a weaker way, except in the eastern third, where they will be unlikely. Minimum temperatures in ascent and maximum in slight descent, more intense in the southern third. The wind will blow from the south to the east, and it will be more intense during the afternoon.
– NAVARRA: sky with intervals of medium and high clouds, without ruling out the occasional shower or storm. Minimum temperatures in ascent and maximum temperatures without changes or in slight decrease. Loose wind from the southeast direction, which will intensify from noon.
– THE RIOJA: cloudy skies without ruling out showers and scattered storms, more likely in the Rioja Alta. Minimum temperatures rising and maximum temperatures without changes in the valley and slightly decreasing in the mountains. Variable wind settling in the afternoon from a southeast direction in the valley and a southern component in the mountains.
– ARAGON: predominance of cloudy sky by medium and high clouds. In the Pyrenees and the Iberian Mountains, daytime cloudiness with scattered and occasional showers in the afternoon. Locally rising minimum temperatures and decreasing maximum temperatures, more pronounced in the southern third. Light wind with moderate intervals of south and southeast component.
– CATALONIA: cloudy intervals, with a predominance of medium and high clouds, and low morning cloudiness in the coastal areas. In the Pyrenees, daytime cloudiness, with scattered and occasional showers in the afternoon. Temperatures without significant changes, except for decreases in the maximums in the western third. Variable loose wind with a tendency to the southern component during the day, and with moderate intervals in the northern half of the coast.
– EXTREMADURA: Cloudy or overcast skies, with showers and storms in the north and northeast during the second half of the day, which can be strong or persistent in La Vera and El Jerte. They are not ruled out in other areas of the eastern half. Minimum temperatures without changes or with slight changes and maximum decreasing. Loose wind from the east component in the north and from the south component in the rest, which will intensify at noon.
– MADRID’S COMMUNITY: cloudy intervals, mainly of medium and high clouds, which will increase to cloudy or overcast skies. Weak early morning rains are not ruled out, more likely in the mountains. During the second half of the day, showers accompanied by thunderstorms, more frequent and intense in the west, where they will be locally strong. Minimum temperatures without changes and maximum temperatures in slight descent. Variable loose wind, with a tendency to intensify from the south and southeast during the central hours of the day.
– CASTILLA LA MANCHA: cloudy intervals, mainly of medium and high clouds, that will increase until cloudy skies. Weak early morning rains are not ruled out, more likely in the northern mountains. During the second half of the day, there will be showers accompanied by storms that will extend from west to east, and will be more frequent and intense in the west. They will be unlikely in the southeast. Minimum temperatures unchanged or slightly increasing and maximum temperatures decreasing, generally slight. Variable loose wind with a predominance of the eastern component and will tend to be more intense and southern component during the central hours of the day.
– VALENCIAN COMMUNITY: cloudy intervals with a predominance of medium and high clouds. In the interior, daytime cloudiness without ruling out scattered showers in the afternoon, preferably in the interior of Valencia, which may occasionally be accompanied by a thunderstorm. Minimum temperatures in slight ascent and maximum in descent, which will be more pronounced indoors. Variable loose wind with a tendency to the south and east component during the day, and with moderate intervals on the coast of Alicante.
– MURCIA: Cloudy sky, without ruling out scattered and occasional showers that may be accompanied by storms in the interior, more likely and intense in the northwest and during the afternoon. Minimum temperatures in ascent and maximum in descent, except on the coast, where they will remain unchanged. East component wind, which will be light in general, but with more intense intervals in Campo de Cartagena.
– BALEARIC ISLANDS: sky covered with medium and high clouds with low probability of some weak and isolated precipitation. There will be morning mists. Nighttime temperatures slightly rising and daytime slightly decreasing. Light wind with coastal breezes in Mallorca and Menorca.
– ANDALUSIA: Cloudy or overcast skies, with occasional showers, which may be accompanied by storms, and which will be more likely and intense in the western half and in the mountains of the rest of the autonomous community. Minimum temperatures unchanged or slightly rising, maximum temperatures unchanged on the Mediterranean coast and decreasing in the rest. Levante in the eastern third and the Mediterranean coastline and a southern component wind in the rest of the autonomous territory, which will occasionally be strong in the high areas.
– CANARY ISLANDS: cloudy sky, with a predominance of medium and high cloud cover. There will be haze in height, which will subside in the afternoon. Temperatures of slight to moderate decrease. Loose wind from the north with a tendency to moderate from the northwest in the afternoon.