The Atlantic front that has entered through the northwest of the peninsula will leave this Saturday persistent showers in eastern Catalonia, which will spread and be strong in the Balearic Islands and the Valencian Community, with accumulations of water and strong wind in the lower Ebro, according to the State Meteorological Agency (Aemet).
The front will extend eastward and affect the rest of the extreme north and north of the Mediterranean area, leaving the snow level at 1,600 meters in the Pyrenees in the afternoon.
Thus, in the Cantabrian Sea and in the Western Pyrenees, a sky covered with rainfall is expected, which will also be probable in the Upper Ebro and in the highest areas of the Pyrenees. Less likely, weaker and more scattered rains can affect other parts of Catalonia and the eastern end of Castilla-La Mancha.
There will be cloudy intervals in the rest of the Mediterranean area and, early in the day, in the northern half of the peninsula. At rest of the peninsula there will be a predominance of slightly cloudy or clear skies.
In the Canary Islands there is the possibility of weak rains in the north of the islands of greater relief, without ruling out morning fog banks in the interior of the extreme north and east of the peninsula.
The temperatures will drop in the northern half of the peninsula and inland from the Levante and will be notable in the surroundings of the upper Ebro and the Iberian system. A few changes in the rest.
The wind will blow from the north in the northern half of the peninsula and the Balearic Islands, which will extend in the afternoon to a large part of the southern half, with strong intervals on the west coast of Galicia, Ampurdán, under Ebro and, at the end of the day , in Menorca. It will blow east in the Strait and trade winds in the Canary Islands, with strong intervals.
Prediction by autonomous communities:
– GALICIA: in the northeast and in the Estaca de Bares area, cloudy skies with light rains and some showers. In the rest, intervals of low clouds that will not reach the Rías Baixas, with a tendency to slightly cloudy skies, except on the north coast of La Coruña. Morning mists and fog banks will occur in the eastern interior. Minimum temperatures will remain unchanged or slightly lower, which will be more pronounced in the eastern interior. The maximum in descent, except in the Rías Baixas where they do not vary. Wind from north and northeast components with strong intervals in the Finisterre area.
– ASTURIAS: cloudy skies with light rains and showers that will be unlikely in the extreme southwest. Falling temperatures, locally noticeable in the interior in the case of highs. Loose wind from north and northeast components, which will be more intense on the coast early in the day.
– CANTABRIA: cloudy skies, with morning mists and fog banks in the eastern interior. There will be widespread rains and showers, less likely in the extreme south and more intense and frequent in the northwest, which will subside throughout the afternoon. Falling temperatures. North component wind, which will blow lightly indoors.
– BASQUE COUNTRY: overcast sky, with some mists and morning fog banks. Generalized rains and showers, less likely in the southern third and more intense and frequent in the northeast, which will subside throughout the afternoon. Falling temperatures, notably the highest in the extreme south. Wind of north and northwest components, weak at the beginning of the day, and that will intensify on the coast in the afternoon.
– CASTILLA Y LEÓN: in the mountainous north and northeast, cloudy to overcast skies with a probability of weak precipitation. In the rest cloudy intervals. There will be low morning clouds with probable mist and fog banks, especially in the north and east of the autonomous community. Falling temperatures, which will be noticeable in the Central and Iberian systems in the minimum, and in the north and east in the maximum. Wind from northeast and north directions.
– NAVARRA: overcast sky in the north and west thirds, with morning mists and fogs, and little or cloudy intervals in the rest. There will be rains and showers in the northwest that, less frequently and intensely, will spread to the rest of the north and west. Falling temperatures, notably the maximum, except on the Cantabrian slope, and with minimums that are expected at the end of the day. Loose wind from the northwest direction, which will blow more intense in the southeast in the central hours of the day.
– THE RIOJA: Cloudy skies with a probability of weak rainfall, especially in the Rioja Alta. There will be low morning cloud cover that can lead to fogs and fog banks. Falling temperatures, which will be noticeable in the highs and lows of the Iberian. Wind from northwest and north directions.
– ARAGON: in the Pyrenees, cloudy with probability of light rains in the divide. Snow level descending in the afternoon from 2,000 to 1,500 meters. In the rest, cloudy intervals, increasing to cloudy in the eastern end of the Iberian, where an isolated shower is expected. Falling temperatures, which will be noticeable in the highs of Cinco Villas and La Ibérica. In the Ebro valley, moderate northwesterly wind and in the rest, weak to moderate north.
– CATALONIA: in the Pyrenees and in the eastern half, cloudy skies with rains in the western Pyrenees and showers accompanied by occasional storms that can be locally strong and persistent in the provinces of Girona, Barcelona and the north of Tarragona, especially in the afternoon . The snow level will drop in the Pyrenees in the afternoon from 2,000 to 1,600 meters.
In the rest, cloudy intervals with weak rainfall in the center of the province of Lleida in the afternoon. Temperatures in general decline, or without changes on the southern coast. In the south of Tarragona, a moderate northwesterly wind with very strong gusts in the pre-coastline at the end of the day and a moderate north component in the extreme north of the coast. In the rest of the coast, the east and south components will blow from weak to moderate, and in the rest of the autonomous community it will be variable weak.
– EXTREMADURA: clear sky with some intervals of high clouds. Temperatures in slight decrease in the mountainous north and unchanged in the rest. North component wind, which will intensify in the afternoon.
– MADRID: clear sky with intervals of high clouds at the beginning of the day and some interval of evolution cloudiness in the afternoon in the northern half. Minimum temperatures in descent in the mountains, and with few changes in the rest, although the maximums will suffer a more pronounced decrease in the mountains. Loose wind from northeast and north directions, with more intense intervals in the high areas and in the afternoon.
– CASTILLA LA MANCHA: clear sky with intervals of low clouds at the beginning of the day in the northeast and the eastern third, especially in the high areas, with mist and possible morning fog banks, which will increase to cloudy skies with evolving cloudiness in the east of Cuenca and Albacete in the afternoon, with probable showers occasionally accompanied by storms, without ruling out that they may be strong in the extreme east. Minimum temperatures in decrease in the northeast and without changes or in slight increase in the rest and maximum in decrease, less pronounced the further to the southwest, with few changes in Ciudad Real and that may be locally notable in Parameras de Molina. Loose wind from the northeast direction in Guadalajara and variable in the rest, with a tendency to northeast and north directions throughout the autonomous community and with more intense intervals in the afternoon.
– VALENCIAN COMMUNITY: Cloudy intervals with a tendency to cloudy skies in the afternoon, when showers are expected in Valencia, north of Alicante and south of Castellón, which can be locally strong in parts of the interior. Minimum temperatures in decrease in the interior of the northern half, rise in Valencia and with few changes in the rest and maximum in decrease or slight decrease. In the north of Castellón, moderate northwest wind with very strong gusts in the interior at the end of the day. In the rest, light wind with a predominance of the east component, and a trend towards the north component at the end of the day.
– MURCIA: Sky with cloudy intervals, with a predominance of high clouds in the central hours of the day, which will increase to cloudy at the end of the day. Occasional showers are not ruled out starting in the afternoon in the highlands, which may be accompanied by storms, and will be more likely in the mountains. Temperatures unchanged, except for a decrease in the maximum in the highlands. Variable loose wind, in a breeze regime.
– BALEARES: Cloudy intervals, which will increase to cloudy skies in the afternoon, with showers and storms that can be locally strong, mainly in Mallorca from the afternoon and in Menorca at night. There will be mists, without ruling out a bank of morning fog. Temperatures with little change. Light wind, which will increase during the afternoon to wind from the north and northeast components.
– ANDALUSIA: a predominance of slightly cloudy skies with intervals of medium and high clouds, and intervals of low clouds on the Mediterranean coast and in the Strait area. Temperatures unchanged, or lows on the rise inside. Variable loose wind with a tendency to the west component on the Atlantic coast and in the Guadalquivir valley. Lift in the Strait.
– CANARY ISLANDS: in the north of the mountainous islands, cloudy skies that will decrease at cloudy intervals during the central hours of the day and with a low probability of occasional drizzles in the mid-northeast of the westernmost islands early in the day. In the rest of the areas, there is a predominance of clear skies with cloudy intervals in Lanzarote and Fuerteventura in the early and late hours of the day. Temperatures unchanged or slightly decreasing. Northeast wind with strong intervals on the southeast and northwest slopes of the islands of greater relief.