The State Meteorological Agency (Aemet) foresees for tomorrow, Friday, an appreciable drop in temperatures in the Canary Islands and on the peninsula, except in the Mediterranean area, where they will change little or rise, and locally strong showers and storms in the northeast, with the possibility of hail.
The sky will be cloudy or overcast, with rainfall in Galicia, the Cantabrian Sea, the upper Ebro and the western Pyrenees and there will be an increase in cloudiness in the northeast of the peninsula, with showers and storms in Huesca, Catalonia and eastern Iberian, which in the second half of the day will be locally strong, being able be accompanied by hail and become locally very strong.
With less probability and intensity, some are not ruled out showers and storms scattered and occasional in the rest of the peninsular northeast.
Low morning clouds in areas of the lower Ebro, eastern Mediterranean coast, Castilla y León and the Balearic Islands, and slightly cloudy or clear sky in the rest of the territory, with clouds of evolution in the eastern half of the peninsula.
Calima in the Canary Islands early in the day, which will dissipate throughout the day.
Temperatures in sharp drop in the Canary Islands and the peninsula, except in the Mediterranean area, where they will change little or rise, a decrease that will be notable, locally extraordinary, in the interior of the northern third of the peninsula.
On the other hand, the values will continue being higher than usual for these dates in areas of the south and southeast of the peninsula and in the archipelagos.
The wind will blow from north and northwest directions in the northern half of the peninsula, with a western component in the southern half and in the south in the Balearic Islands, with strong intervals on the Cantabrian coast, exit from the Ebro, Ampurdán, Strait and the Alboran coast. Trade winds in the Canary Islands, locally strong.
Prediction by autonomous communities
– GALICIA: cloudy sky, with a tendency to cloudy intervals in the south after noon, and weak rains and showers, less likely and frequent towards the southeast. Falling temperatures, notably the highest in the east. Wind from west and northwest directions that will roll north and northwest on the coast south of Finisterre, and that will be light in the interior and more intense on the coast.
– ASTURIAS: cloudy sky, without ruling out morning mists and fog banks in the interior, and light rains and showers. Falling temperatures, notable for the highs inside. Wind from west and northwest, weak in the interior and with strong intervals on the coast.
– CANTABRIA: sky covered with rains and showers, which could be locally persistent, although with a tendency to decrease cloudiness and to remit precipitation to the west during the afternoon, where clearings will open. Falling temperatures, which will be notable in the maximums throughout the interior of the autonomous community and locally notable in the minimums in the Liébana area. On the coast, wind from the west and northwest that will intensify in the afternoon with intervals of strong and probable very strong gusts; in the interior, north and northwest wind with more intense intervals in the afternoon, without ruling out strong or very strong gusts in the south and east.
– BASQUE COUNTRY: cloudy sky with rains and showers that may be locally persistent in the northern half, and less intense and frequent in Álava, which will tend to subside during the afternoon from south to north and being limited to the coast at the end. Falling temperatures, which in the case of the maximums will be noticeable in the interior and even locally extraordinary in the south of Álava. On the coast, wind from the northwest and west with some strong intervals in the Capes of Vizcaya in the afternoon; in the interior, north and northwest wind, generally light, with more intense intervals in the afternoon.
– CASTILLA AND LEÓN: in the extreme north and northeast, cloudy skies with weak rainfall, and in the rest of the autonomous community, slightly cloudy, with some intervals of low morning cloudiness. Falling temperatures, notable in the minimum in mountain areas and in the maximum in the north and west. Wind from the northeast and north in the northeast, and from the west with a northwest trend in the rest of the territory.
– NAVARRA: cloudy intervals at dawn that will increase from west to east to overcast sky with opening of clearings in the afternoon and weak rains and scattered showers in the northwest, in the western mountains and in the Pyrenees, less likely the further south, that they will remit during the afternoon except in the extreme northwest, where they will be more persistent. Falling temperatures, which in the case of the maximums will be notable and even locally extraordinary in the center and in the south. Loose northwest wind that will intensify during the second half of the day with more intense intervals in the Ribera del Ebro and in the center of the autonomous community.
– THE RIOJA: cloudy sky that will increase to cloudy skies with weak rainfall, especially in the Rioja Alta and the mountains. Falling temperatures, which will be noticeable in the minimum in the Iberian and in the maximum in the entire region. Northwest and north wind, more intense during the afternoon.
– ARAGON: cloudy sky in the northern third and cloudy intervals in the rest, with cloudiness of diurnal evolution, and probable scattered precipitations from the morning in the Pyrenees; In the second half of the day, showers and storms are expected in the eastern sectors of the Pyrenees and the Iberian Peninsula, which will be locally strong and may be accompanied by hail, and may even become very strong; they are not ruled out in a more isolated way in the rest of the Iberian Peninsula and in other eastern areas of the autonomous community. Generally decreasing temperatures; the maximums will drop noticeably in the northwest half. In the Ebro valley, moderate wind from the northwest; in the rest, loose variable.
– CATALONIA: slightly cloudy sky or with cloudy intervals in the morning, with a tendency to be cloudy or overcast after noon, and probable scattered precipitations from the morning in the western Pyrenees; In the second half of the day they will spread in the form of showers and storms to the rest of Catalonia, being locally strong or very strong, and may be accompanied by hail. Minimum temperatures in slight decrease; maximum in descent in the interior and with little variation in the central and southern coasts. Variable loose wind with a predominance of the southern component in the central hours of the day; From the afternoon it will tend to a moderate to strong north in the Ampurdán, to a moderate northeast with strong intervals in the central coast, and at the end of the day to a moderate northwest in the south of Tarragona.
– ESTREMADURA: clear sky with some interval of high clouds. Falling temperatures, locally remarkable. Wind from northwest to west, loose although it will increase in intensity in the afternoon.
– MADRID: slightly cloudy sky in the morning, which will increase at intervals of medium and high clouds in the afternoon and some daytime cloudiness in the mountains. Temperatures in sharp decline, with lows that will drop in a locally notable way in high areas. Variable loose wind in the morning, with a more intense west trend in the afternoon and northwest at the end of the day, with strong intervals in the mountains, even very strong gusts in peaks and ports.
– CASTILLA LA MANCHA: clear sky in the morning, which will increase at intervals of medium and high clouds in the afternoon and cloudiness of diurnal evolution in the extreme east, without ruling out showers and isolated storms in the surroundings of the Iberian System. Minimum temperatures decreasing in high areas, locally notable in the north and with little change in the rest; highs in general decline, except in the extreme southeast, where they will not change. Variable loose wind in the morning, which will tend to the west and northwest more intense in the afternoon, occasionally strong in La Mancha, and north in Guadalajara at the end of the day.
– VALENCIAN COMMUNITY: slightly cloudy sky in the morning, with morning intervals of low cloudiness on the coast, with cloudiness of evolution in the afternoon in the interior, and cloudy intervals in the rest of the northern third. Locally strong showers and storms are expected in the afternoon in the interior of Castellón, which may be accompanied by hail and become very strong, without ruling out that they will spread in a weaker and more dispersed way to nearby areas. Temperatures unchanged or slightly decreasing, preferably indoors. Variable loose wind, with a predominance of the south and east components in central hours; At the end of the day it will roll to a moderate north component in the north third and on the coast of Valencia.
– MURCIA: slightly cloudy sky, except for intervals of low clouds and morning mists on the coast, without ruling out fog banks. Temperatures with few changes, or maximums slightly decreasing inside. Variable loose wind, which will tend to a southwest direction in the afternoon on the coast and will increase.
– BALEARIC ISLANDS: predominance of slightly cloudy skies. Mists and probability of fog banks during the early morning and early hours of the morning, preferably in Mallorca. Temperatures with few changes or a slight rise during the day in the north of Mallorca. Wind, generally weak, with a southern component.
– ANDALUSIA: clear sky, except for intervals of low clouds and fogs on the Mediterranean coast, without ruling out fog banks and some interval of medium and high clouds in the afternoon. Falling temperatures, except for the maximums on the Mediterranean side where they will remain unchanged or will rise, notably at points on the Malaga coastline. West component wind that will intensify in the afternoon, with strong gusts.
– CANARY ISLANDS: slightly cloudy sky in general, with some interval of medium clouds; in low-lying areas in the north, cloudiness will increase in the last hours of the day. Calima in height that will retreat throughout the day from north to south. Temperatures in general decline, which may become locally notable, although 37 degrees will still be reached in the midlands of southern Gran Canaria and 34 degrees in the midlands and peaks of the rest of the more mountainous islands. Northeast wind, which will be strong without ruling out a occasionally very strong gust on the southeast and northwest slopes of the islands of greater relief, as well as in inland areas of Lanzarote and Fuerteventura.