The State Meteorological Agency (Aemet) foresees strong wind in Menorca, Pyrenees, Castellón and south of Tarragona for Monday, and significantly high temperatures in the Canary Islands.
In the extreme north of the peninsula, it will be cloudy or covered, with rainfall in the eastern Cantabrian, central and western Pyrenees, which will tend to subside quickly. However, the arrival of a frontal system starting in the afternoon will again cause rainfall in Galicia, spreading to the Cantabrian at the end.
Cloudy intervals in the Balearic Islands, with probable showers and storms in the northeast in the early hours, soon tending to slightly cloudy.
It will be cloudy in the morning around the Alboran coast, with possible scattered light rains; predominantly slightly cloudy or clear in the rest of the country, although with cloudy intervals in the first half of the day in other parts of the extreme north of the peninsula, eastern Castilla y León and the Central and Iberian systems.
Rising temperatures in the Canary Islands, locally notable in the midlands, reaching significantly high values. Decreasing in the interior of the southern third of the peninsula and increasing in the northwest and in Mallorca.
These will be lower than expected for these dates in the northeast quadrant and southeast coast of the peninsula and the Balearic Islands; weak frosts in mountain areas of the northern half.
Winds with a north component in the Peninsula and the Balearic Islands, strong in the Ampurdán and Menorca, and with strong intervals in the Pyrenees, Castellón and south of Tarragona, rolling west in the northwest peninsular quadrant. Levante in the Strait and Alboran and trade winds in the Canary Islands.
Prediction by autonomous communities:
– GALICIA: little cloudy in general in the early hours, with intervals of low clouds in the north and probability of fog banks in Ourense, increasing throughout the morning to cloudy or covered from northwest to southeast throughout the community; Weak rains and showers in the northern third from noon, which will spread southward in the second half of the afternoon, not expected in Ourense and southern Pontevedra.
Minimum temperatures unchanged or slightly decreasing and maximum temperatures slightly increasing, more pronounced towards the northeast. Loose northeast wind, more intense on the Atlantic coast, decreasing during the morning to variable loose and tending to north and northwest in the afternoon, more intense in the Bares area.
– PRINCIPALITY OF ASTURIAS: cloudy or overcast in general, although clearing temporarily in the morning and at noon. Probable weak rainfall during the early morning in the eastern half, more intense towards Picos de Europa. Here they would be snow on the peaks, tending to become general and intensify throughout the Principality in the second half of the afternoon.
Minimum temperatures unchanged or slightly rising in the east, and rising maximum temperatures, marked in the central interior. Variable loose wind, tending to west and northwest in the second half of the day, more intense on the coast.
– CANTABRIA: cloudy, occasionally covered, with generally weak and irregularly distributed rains. Gradual increase in cloudiness at night until it becomes cloudy or covered with rains and showers in the northern half at the end of the day.
Minimum temperatures with few changes and increasing maximums, more pronounced in the western interior. Northwest wind temporarily turning west at the end of the day with more intense intervals on the coastline.
– BASQUE COUNTRY: cloudy and occasionally overcast, with generally weak rains, more occasional and isolated in the southern third, clearing in the afternoon and decreasing to slightly cloudy. Gradual increase in cloudiness at night until it becomes cloudy or covered with precipitation in the northern half at the end of the day. Low probability of morning fogs indoors.
Temperatures without significant changes, except for the maximum in Bizkaia where they will increase. Northwest wind, loose in the interior, turning south and southwest at the end of the day.
– CASTILLA Y LEÓN: in the extreme north cloudy to cover, with temporary clearings during the day, without ruling out weak rainfall, which will be more likely in the first half of the day in the east and at night in the west. In the rest slightly cloudy, with cloudy intervals in the eastern half in the first half of the day. Morning mists and fog banks are not ruled out.
Minimum temperatures without changes in the north and east third and slight decrease or without changes in the rest; highs unchanged in the south and rising in the north. Weak frosts in high mountain areas, without ruling them out in areas of the plateau. Winds from the north, tending towards the west component in the afternoon and night.
– FORAL COMMUNITY OF NAVARRA: in the northern half cloudy or covered with rains and showers, decreasing in the afternoon to slightly cloudy or cloudy intervals and precipitation ceasing. In the southern half, cloudy or with cloudy intervals, without ruling out scattered weak rains during the first half of the day, unlikely in the southeast quadrant.
Temperatures with few changes and a weak wind from the northwest, more intense in the southern half during the central hours.
– LA RIOJA: cloudy or overcast, without ruling out weak rainfall in the Rioja Alta, tending to slightly cloudy in the afternoon. Minimum temperatures in slight descent and maximum in slight ascent. Weak frosts in high areas of the Iberian Peninsula and winds from the northwest and north.
– ARAGÓN: in the Pyrenees, cloudy skies with rainfall in the early and late hours. Snow level, between 1,200 and 1,400 meters, rising from noon to 1,400-1,600 meters and 2,000 meters at the end. In the rest, there is a predominance of slightly cloudy or clear with morning intervals of low clouds in the Iberian region and general intervals of medium and high clouds during the second half of the day.
Temperatures with few changes and weak frosts in the Pyrenees. Moderate northwest wind, decreasing to light at the end, with very strong gusts in the Pyrenees.
– CATALONIA: in the western Pyrenees, cloudy with rainfall in the early and late hours. Snow level, between 1,200 and 1,400 meters, rising from noon to 1,400-1,600 meters. In the rest, a predominance of slightly cloudy or clear in the morning with some intervals of medium and high clouds during the second half of the day and increasing cloudiness at the end in the northern half.
Temperatures with few changes and weak frosts in the Pyrenees. In the Pyrenees, the Pre-Pyrenees of Barcelona, the Ampurdán coast and the southern third, moderate to strong north and northwest wind with very strong gusts; in the rest, a weak to moderate west component.
– EXTREMADURA: little cloudy or clear. Temperatures unchanged in the north and decreasing in the rest and light winds from the northeast to the north, light.
– COMMUNITY OF MADRID: slightly cloudy or clear with cloudy intervals in the early hours in the mountains. Minimum temperatures slightly decreasing in the south and unchanged in the north and maximum temperatures with few changes; A weak frost is not ruled out in high areas. Loose north wind.
– CASTILLA-LA MANCHA: slightly cloudy or clear except for cloudy intervals in the Serranías and Parameras in the first half of the day. Temperatures unchanged in the northeast and decreasing in the rest; A weak frost is not ruled out in high areas. Loose north component wind, which will be more intense in the northeast mountain areas in the morning.
– VALENCIAN COMMUNITY: little cloudy or clear. Temperatures in slight decrease in the southern third and with little change in the rest. In the northern half, moderate to strong northwest wind, with very strong gusts in the north of Castellón in the morning; in the rest, north component weak to moderate decreasing in general to weak at the end.
– MURCIA REGION: slightly cloudy or clear skies, and decreasing temperatures, except for the maximums in the southern half, which will remain unchanged. Winds from the northwest, turning southwest on the coast in the afternoon.
– BALEARIC ISLANDS: cloudy intervals with occasional showers, preferably in Menorca and northeast Mallorca, more likely and intense in the early hours of the morning. These can be accompanied by a storm, tending in the afternoon to have a slightly cloudy sky.
Nighttime temperatures with few changes or decreasing and rising daytime. North and northwest wind, strong in Menorca with gusts that can reach 80 kilometers per hour.
– ANDALUSIA: slightly cloudy or clear skies. On the Mediterranean side, cloudy skies are expected, without ruling out weak and occasional rainfall during the first half of the day, leaving little cloudy in the afternoon.
Falling temperatures, except on the Atlantic coast and the extreme east, where the maximums will rise. Winds from the east or northeast and an occasional strong lift in the Straits.
– CANARY ISLANDS: slightly cloudy to clear with intervals of high clouds; some interval of low clouds on the northern and eastern coastlines during the early morning and early hours. Some weak rain in central hours is not ruled out in the central peaks of Tenerife.
Slight haze and temperatures with few changes or a slight rise on coasts and peaks, and a moderate to notable rise on the west coasts of Lanzarote and Fuerteventura and in the midlands and high areas of the islands of greater relief. On the coasts, wind from the northeast with strong intervals, and in the midlands and peaks, wind from the east to southeast.